Girls, (Need someones opinion) Did my dad basically call me a slut?

So.. I was in the car with my dad telling him how sad it is that young adults my age (19) have kids already. I also said that they should use birth control methods. My dads first reaction is to jump to the fact that people need to stay protected. But instead of the word "people" he used the word "you". He was so rude and disrespectful for no reason! (I have been on birth control and never had a mistake) he then says with a horrible attitude, you can't just "give it up to everyone" this had nothing to do with what I was saying! then he acts like i have all these STD's when I dont... he's so mean and rude to me! I hate it. Did he just call me a slut? Or am I jumping to conclusions? This is really bothering me.. please help.

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Just in case I guess lol. Dad's can be assholes lol.

What Girls Said 17

• Psht, you're dad may be a bittt sexist but isn't aware of it. My dad can be the same, every time there's a bad driver on the road he's just like "Bet you that driver was a woman" to my brother and i'll just be sitting in the back like:
    encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images
    http://i.imgur.com/k0FikDq.jpg
    He didn't literally call you a slut, but there was a slight hint of it in his attitude and word choice. You seem responsible to me. Just tell him that you're a very responsible, independent woman who can make her own life style choices and that. Also tell him to stop disrespecting you and you are very careful when it comes to your sexual relationships and that its none of his business.
    Sometimes, that saying "respect your parents" shouldn't be taken too seriously, they deserve a little rebellion when the moment asks for it.

• Wait actually, I take it back. He was saying that you can't give it up to everyone, he's not accusing you of doing so, he's just warning you, whether he believes you'll do so or not, he probably thinks its fair to give you a warning. He's just trying to protect you from possibly destroying your life by starting it too early, once again I doubt he was accusing you of it.

• If you were a boy I bet he wouldn't have done that, it is super rude you should straight up tell him that you are not ok with that and that it upset you. Sometimes my dad jokes around like that but it's not meant to be mean even though I don't find it funny. He'll say "oh why are you dressed like a little whore today? ... I'm kidding you look very classy" and I'm just like "shut up dad! not cool!" but then he will pick up my birth control pills for me without saying anything rude. He was the one who said "well fucking finally! I thought you'd be a cat lady!" when I told him I had my first (and current) boyfriend at 18. so at this point he can't judge!

• Maybe he thought that you were trying to make a confession.. either way you shouldn't make comments like that it doesn't look good.

• Oh hun, when you are a bit older you will understand this so much better...

He is worried about you and thought it was his chance to get it across apart from he's a dad and would know exactly what to say to you if you were a boy but you aren't so it comes across in the worst way possible...
    Dads dont get their daughters, they also dont get that woem read between the lines of everything they say... A man usually says something but means nothing horrible by it, it just comes out wrong.

• Im already older -_- and he had a very disrespectful tone with me. He like snaps at me... he definitley didn't sound like a dad when he said that. since i know him.. But other than that you are somewhat right..

• No I mean when you are in your 30s and you see younger girls and you want them all to be safe... thats partly why I am on here... He tried to put you off in the worst way possible so instead sounded like a disrespectful man... really dads and their daughters are sometimes close but not about things like that... i knew a guy who would call his daughter all sorts because it frustrated him that he thought she wouldn't listen unless he was mean... When I called him out on it in front of her, their relationship got so much better. She would get mad at him and they would fall out because she thought he hated her but it really wasn't the case... x

• i guess he's just protective like any dad

• Your jumping to conclusions. He is your dad and although he is overreacting to the topic it his daughter and he is trying to say that in his own odd way

• You'll laugh about this convo in ten years' tme.

• Ya basically, but that doesn't mean you are. He also might have been trying to be helpful, it's hard to tell parents can be weird about that stuff

• No he didn't call you a slut, he just wants to make sure you know to be safe.

• Yea I think he did sry about that my step dad did something similar to me but he said "Are you fucking? Dam use a rubber.") by the way im a virgin 😑😑

• My dad basically called me a slut for having guy friends and hugging a guy once.

• But basically it seems as if he were insisting it. Like assuming you were.

• He didn't call you a slut. You're jumping to conclusions.

• No he didn't call you a slut he was just saying

• No offence but this question made me laugh. 😂

• Dads don't like to talk about their daughter's sex life. He just said to yse protection.

• He called you a... you know the answer..

• He's a dad, he was just being overprotective, it is hard for dads to think about their daughter's sex life