Midnight is 12am right? Does anyone refer to it as 3am?

:)

I think it's refer it to**?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• "One sidereal day is 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4 seconds" so midnight as its currently defined is actually not 12:00am (0:00) but 11:56. howver "Solar midnight is the time opposite of solar noon, when the sun is closest to nadir and the night is equidistant from dusk and dawn. Due to the advent of time zones, which make time identical across a range of meridians, and daylight saving time, it rarely coincides with midnight on a clock. Solar midnight is dependent on longitude and time of the year rather than on a time zone." Nadir is the opposite of zenith so it would have ot be polar opposite of noon or "below" your feet exactly to be solar midnight.

• Midnight is 12am that is correct and I don't think anyone refers to it as 3am as it is not 3am.

• Narh, midnight is 00:00/12am/0h00
    3am is past midnight, thats a whole 'nother ball game

• No midnight is 12am. Midnight. After that it's morning 1. am 2. am... goes on and on... till afternoon 12pm.

• I get your point it is obvously solely a clock reference than a literal reference

• hours 12 :D

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, midnight is 12am, I've never known anyone to refer to it as 3am

• I don't.
    But I went to bed at 3 am though (bad habit!)

• I am happy we use the 24h system. No messing with am and pm. :-)