GAG=Compliment throwing?

Ok all those rate me questions made me think.

Either I have unimaginably high standards.. (well to a certain extent I do have high standards)

or

95% of the people here tell everyone they're a beautiful and at least 8/10, no matter how the person actually looks. I mean it can be hurtful to say the truth, but almost everyone who's rating hight out of compassion is lying straight into the askers face.
Rating people using numbers is stupid, but for its sake, 10/10 is perfection and 8/10 ultimately jaw dropping. You're supposed to see such the first girl maybe once every couple months and the latter once once a week or so. 5/10 is supposed to be average and if you look and think "meh", then it should be a 3/10 and NOT a 7/10.
I know it's for ego boost purposes, but it went so far that it's simply hilarious. No matter how one looks, the scala starts at 6.

Am I the only one who prefers the truth?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed that too. Numbers suck though, and they're complicated, so I sometimes don't give a number at all, just an opinion. But when I do give a number, it's never higher than I actually think they are, I'm honest. And by being honest I get comments from the asker like ''says you...'', ''that's rude'', ''I won't comment about your looks'' etc or they even block me. Just wtf, that has made me not want to answer the question if I don't find the person attractive.

People lie and give such high ratings because
    • a lot of guys on GAG are SUPER THIRSTY
    • they don't wanna ruffle any feathers
    • they want to get the MHO
    • they like kissing ass

• @MissNowhere You are 100% correct in that many equate compliments to having a chance at scoring through the internet. No really... they REALLY think that.

• This makes me giggle even more. "Hey, you rated me 10/10, you want some nudes?".. xD As if that would happen. Those questions mostly don't even get a MHO. That negates 2 of your points in terms of logic.

The 2nd and last points though are just cheaper ways in life. Rarely saw that doing any good.

And keep it up being honest, ignore the butthurt rebuttals ;) I'm glad someone sees it the same way I do.

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 12

• oh my gosh i haven't seen u in forever.

anyway, I'm not on a lot of rate me questions so i wouldn't know what it's like.
    beauty is different to everyone, so u never know what a person's intention is. if u think about it, u know that most people who want rates are looking for a positive response. the answerers know this too. some will b blunt and some will just say anything. some also believe being nice and encouraging positive body image is a stepping stone to confidence.

really depends. in a way, even the word 'truth' differs between us all.

• Heeeey!!! :D Yeah, lost interest in GAG and was traveling the world for 4 months. Now I'm back I guess.

sure they are looking for positive ones, but why should I lie to them just to give them what they want? that's not how life works.

and do you really think that boosts confidence for more than one day, especially of everyone gets the same rates?

• wasssuupp bruh! :P
      well travelling round the world sounds like way more fun! iv lost some interest in it too so i hear ya. welcome back though =]

oh yeah i know, I'm just saying from their perspective, some people just want to hear something specific. anything different is considered a disappointment. i think people shouldn't create assumptions about what others think, but that's impossible- against human nature.

it probably doesn't. like i know that if everyone here were to say I'm a 10, i probably wouldn't believe it, but another girl might. it really depends on our attitudes.

• I agree.
    I see majority of people 'rating' people really high like even people I personally find really unattractive receive comments like "uh, you look like an 8 or 7/10" and honestly I think there's nothing wrong with rating someone higher to make them feel good but the dilemma with that is if people rate a truly average looking person 9 or even 10/10 and someone who's REALLY asks for a rating what are they gonna say? That's where this whole rating bs completely loses it's meaning and honestly I'm not a fan of rating people in general. There's way too much about a person's looks and beauty to possible express it on a 1-10 scale.

• I prefer the truth also and i'm just not a picky or critical person when it comes to looks and never have been, I find a variety of people attractive. For some of us the truth is that we do find those people attractive. I don't rate though by numbers, it's just stupid to me lol

I actually find that most of the people on "how do I look" are attractive, there have only been a couple of times, that I really found some one completely unattractive and even then, they could do things to improve how they look, so I just told them those things.

• Yes, it's ridiculous! I guess they just want to ask random people who haven't seen them and surprising comments may popped out.
    When it comes to how do i look Q, i don't comment. lol. but if there's a poll, i just vote.

• I have been here for about 5 years now but I have literally never answered a single rate me questions of that kind.

There are actually only about 5 users (guys plus ladies) on GAG whom I consider to be really good-looking. When I say really good-looking, I mean 8/10 and above.
    I also think it is a sad thing to rate people based on their appearance.
    Sorry, I am weird : (

• Everyone on GAG is beautiful, Inside And... Out. xx

• Hahaha well you're certainly straight forward lol I usually don't answer rate me questions, but when I do, it's usually positive and not coz I'm trying to lie and sugarcoat things out of pity or to try and be nice, but because I'm a compassionate person and seeing beauty in everything that might seem ugly as first glance to most people is part of my personality. That's just who I am. I don't know about other people though. Just my opinion.

• I don't give out numbers. If I don't find someone attractive then I'll just tell them, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone else. Just because you think so and so is unnatractive, doesn't mean that I have to think the same. I don't find it rude either, as long as no one is making fun of their appearance or calling them ugly. I honestly don't see the point in HDIL questions in the first place, it's the perfect spot for "bullies".

• I have made the decision to not associate people with a number anymore. I try to not be so harsh. For example if I find the person ugly, I just tell them they're average looking.

• You're all special little snowflakes!

• I agree to be honest

• I asked the same question and I got hated on for it.

But, honestly, there are a bunch of PC white knight betas on here who are trying to score some brownie points.

What Guys Said 7

• The rating system is flawed for a number of reasons (1) It is not standard, everyone has different values for marks (2) Not everybody uses it - What I mean for number 2 is that not all people use it, often only people who feel they are already attractive and others who are seeking self validation take part, lots of people don't do it because they are comfortable with themselves while others are too afraid to try. The compliment fishers I don't mind so much but it is those who seek self validation I worry about - What damage would a crushing assessment do? - I personally believe a few positive affirmations that mess up the rating system is preferable to self esteems getting hammered.

• Jajaja kick that truth MissT. I think all these rate me is bullshit. Mainly cause I'm not in the mode to be real with your azz when you ask something stupid as well"raaaaate meeeee pleeeeease?' Yeah I will rate you. You a 6 pack of beers... it's gonna take me a 6 pack to do yah... jajaja.
    Good post MissT.

• the thing is, most of these girls who post can't really take honesty anyways, so either the guy butters their ego, or face her wrath. What i've noticed is that in these questions, the user is just some level 1 scrub that joined just to fish for compliments and leave. They usually never reply to all the people that give them sky high scores, but they WILL reply only to the people who gave them anything less than a 7/10... and they will totally disregard all the good comments they got and focus on that one bad one that rubbed them the wrong way. That for me is what pisses me off most about these questions. Thirsty guys will always exist... there's no stopping that... but when the QA invalidates even those thirsty guys by going after the one or two dissenters in the crowd who didn't fall into line as she expected... well that irritates me, and half the time im tempted to shut the whole question down when i see it... though i'd never actually do it. Wish i could though

• But it's a prime opportunity to give out attntion bags and I have plenty ecx.images-amazon.com/.../71vj5Jv8LlL._SL1500_.jpg

• I got lots of very positive feedback on here, i was genuinely insecure, I hope they were not lying to me now :/

• I never asked for a rating because it's just a number that says nothing specific. Nonsense actually

• And this is the issue in my opinion. People deserve honesty, that's why I'm always honest with my answers, even if it's harsh. And you look good mate, maybe a bit young for your age.

• yes, I was a late bloomer, that's why I look younger , but people think I'm 18 meanwhile , so it's okay

• I don't really do them much anymore, even when I did I never did the whole numbers thing, I mean either you're attractive or your not.

• I prefer honesty above all else. Stay true to yourself - you are your own best friend so stand up for him/her.