GAG'ers, what's your favourite holiday activity?

For most GAG'ers it's summertime now and we have some days off, or plan to travel.
When you have a week or two off from work, or go to a warm country with your family, what's you favourite activity.
Like: walking, swimming, bike riding, sitting in a bar and drinking, visiting cultural sites, driving around and drink a glass here and there,...

For me, it's walking and visiting things. Bike riding could also be there. Certainly not sit on the beach for a week in a row...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is the dinner buffet because that is when the family gets together to talk about how exciting our day is and reflect on how beautiful things are. I don't enjoy dinners at home but after a day visiting the mayan ruins or shopping at a mall in Shanghai - the dinner feels like a comfortable conclusion to the day.

• That's a good one indeed... a nice mix between holiday activities like visiting things, and than being together as a family. In our modern world full of irregular living and social media we often forget how important our social contacts are.
      Especially with the people we love :D

• These nice intentions are certainly the MHO :D

What Girls Said 8

• Water gun fights <3 Also, being able to sit outside in shorts because that is a rare thing in England ;)

• Haha here in Belgium it's shorts weather now... +24°C and really humid. Sweaty weather :o

• I think that that sounds bearable, but I think I'm better suited to British weather because I don't want it this hot all the time. I remember that I went to Egypt once and it was like mid thirties every day and I wanted to die :P

• Oh yeah I've been there a few years back in winter time... even as far South as Abu Simbel it was just 25°C.
      But the guide told us that over there, in the desert, normal summer conditions are +50 to +55°C.
      And that most tourist lock up in airco than :o

• Sex outside.

• Honestly, I just simply enjoy spending time out in the sun (until I feel like I'm melting anyway). I did get to go on a trip for the first time in years, too, so I look forward to taking more of those during future breaks from work.

• Sounds great! What was the destination?

• Oh, that sounds even greater!
      The falls weren't frozen anymore? This winter they looked like a giant ice lolly... it was in the news - even here in Belgium.

• Haha, no, they definitely weren't frozen anymore. It was a fun time, for sure.

• Sun , beach holidays are my favorite ! I love swimming and I love reading books at beach :) And i love chatting with people I love :)
    basically spending time with loving ones is the greatest <3

• Oh yeah, man is a "social animal", without our friends we're poor and unhappy people :o
      I suppose you flee the Belgian climate when you're in for a summer swimming holiday? Off to the South?

• yes you are right :)

• Haha how about having a kebap with french fries and a glass of wodka? And Belgian cholcolates and Turkish sweets as dessert :-)

• I like eating turkey and playing video games on Thanksgiving. I don't really like any other holiday, especially any in the summer.

• I see... so no trips to warm or cold destinations or cultural venues for you?
      Enjoy the Turkey and the games :-)

• I think either lying on the beach tanning, or water sports like canoeing

• Canoeing I've done when I was your age or a little younger. On the rivers in the South-East of Belgium it's a popular activity. There are hills there and where the rivers goes down hill the currents accelerate and there are small waterfalls that are safe to take in a canoe (max 2 ft).

• Swimming...

• Haha I see... you jump in the ocean in Canada and swim to the Carribean than?

• Riding on a cruise ship.

• Oh yeah if we could afford that each year... I did it once.
      Destination (from Belgium) was the Norwegian Fjords and the North Cape. If was a unique experience but not something I could pay more often than once every 10 years or so :-)

• I went on cruise ship when I was in Turkey back in summer 2013. I went on it going the Prince Islands and coming back. I also went on cruise ship at night for a fancy supper and spectacle.
      It was nice, I really enjoyed it :)

• Sounds lovely :-)

What Guys Said 4

• Going to areas that are mountainous, cooler, and away from the main flow of tourism! I like to be with local people, and I can't handle high heat and humidity.

• Yeah me too! When I visited the Canary Islands, which I did on multiple occasions, I did not lie down on the beaches like most. I went inland to visit villages and the mountains.
      Those islands are increadibly beautiful in terms of rough nature :-)

• I fly out to Las Vegas every chance I get. When I get some time off of work or if there is a big Boxing or UFC event going down in Vegas, i'm there! It is the ultimate playground for adults in my opinion. I like to drink at the pool during the day, Go to fights or events in the evening and then play cards/gamble.

• That gambling may get tricky... don't get addicted or it may become a costly joke :-(
      Vegas must be a great city. I've only been at the airport, as airline personnel (on a flight to and from Belgium).

• Sleeping a couple of extra hours.

• Yeah that can be necessarry... I'm 6 days into my holiday now and start to feel the difference of that hour or so of extra sleep :-)

• Drinking, getting high & fucking...

• Hum hum... the real holiday maker haha 8)

• Wow! You must be psychic!!!

• Haha not really, in most holiday locations you see the "real" holiday makers, especially at night.
      They meet those specifications! You could call it "empiric analysis" = based on observation 8)