Moving to a city without a job?

Hi, I want to move to another city but It seems to be impossible to get a job from far away. I think I'll have to move to the city first and then look for a job. How would I calculate how much I need to save in order to make this happen? Any advice or resources would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• The way I've always been told is to make sure you save enough to live for nearly 6 months, even if you do find a job sooner x

Most Helpful Guy

• which city? it will help to do some research on the city you are moving too, then look up rates, living costs, transportation expenses, etc. take it all into factor, and then save a good amount.. PLUS more just incase.

• I'm trying to move from South Florida to either Chicago or Austin, the cost of living is roughly the same, Austin being slightly cheaper than where I live now in Florida.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say have enough money for two months worth of bills and living expenses. It will depend on the job your looking for for how long it could take to actually get hired.

• plan for a week... try to get a job by a week... a week will be enough...

• A WEEK to get a job? I'm not so certain...

• i just realized you have no preparation... it takes a year or so to get hold of such things usually...

What Guys Said 0