How come I do not see ANY results from my workouts?

I do about 40 minutes of pilates every day with 30-40 minutes of yoga daily, and 2 days a week i do cardio... I've been doing this for a little over a month and a half.. and i have seen no changes in my body. I know I am getting stronger.. because I can do more. I am not trying to lose weight either, just trying to tone my core up. I eat a really good diet- 5-6 fruits a day, 4-5 vegetbales a day, protein shakes, brown rice, fish, chicken, etc. Junk food for me is like a few pretzels.. so whats going on with my body? Could it take months for me to see results? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• uhm it's not that easy. thereby if your not willing to cut , how do you expect to see results. 5-6 fruits a day, that's way to much girl. you need to start cutting on those carbs, certain fruits contain a lot of sugar, like bananas. brown rice are healthy carbs, and you are just describing what you eat but is that all? thereby your not doing any lifting, how do you expect your muscles to tone if your not stimulating them to grow. depending on your body type, a lot of people first gain weight before they start to cut. Im doing a lot of lifting and i way 91 kg now. i see a difference in my body, but i m currently cutting. eating only healthy carbs and fats, doing more cardio, dividing my meals over the day into 6 moments. also you need to do some research on protein, you got slow and fast protein. before going to bed, you need slow proteines like cottage cheese, nuts , etc... before your workout you need a fibers, and maybe one piece of fruit or use your protein shake as a pre workout. doing all the hard work isn't just it, you eat healthy but you need to educate yourself a bit more and give it some time. maybe take a picture of yourself once during every 2 weeks, and compare them. other people notice your progression way better then you, i have guys telling me i have big arms, and yes they have grown but i dont see the difference as much as they do. we tend to criticize ourselves the most. and yes it takes months, if you want to believe that you can do it in just a few weeks with all these stupid stuff they tell you on the internet or tv, you are wrong. it takes months, years to get that body you want. fitness/ bodybuilding, is 10 % muscle power and 90 % will power. don't give up and pay a visit to a bodybuilding. com or ask other people you see at the gym about their routine. preferably the people you see working out properly, because god there are so many clowns at the gym , it's unreal.

• I weigh around 98lbs so I think im okay with eating that much fruit lol- i have to gain about 10lbs

• best way to gain is by building muscles and not doing cardio. i think you are getting and overdose of vitamin c but ok, just saying. your party XD

Most Helpful Girl

• Aren't you eating too much? I could never eat that much without being bloated for like an entire week.

• You do know that fruits have very little calories right?

• What? haha that honestly makes no sense but good try

• You do know an Apple has 50 calories, grapefruit has 50-60 calories, strawberries have like 30, blueberries have like 30, pineapple has around 50... so im only eating about 220 calories or so with fruit. You are nuts

What Guys Said 7

• Don't keep looking for results in the mirror because you won't be able to notice them. Other people will notice them for you. Just stay focused on performance like you've been doing. You'll get compliments when you don't expect it.

• Got it! Thanks

• You're welcome. Since you see yourself in the mirror regularly it would be hard to notice the minor changes occurring. You could consider progress pictures and compare if you wanted to do it yourself. Photograph yourself and then take a photo 6 months from now. Just keep in mind there's many things that can impact a photo like lighting for example.

• a little over a month and a half IS NOT ENOUGH to notice any significant results/changes. you need to commit at least 3-4 months minimum.

• This sounds like the perfect workout lifestyle. Girl, just stop thinking about results, and I promise you in 4 months (easy, about twice as long as what you already did) you'll be BOMB. Trust me, if you do it properly (and it sounds like you are), there's 100% success rate, just give it some time.
    Also you're comparing yourself day to day in the mirror, so you're not noticing the ongoing change. I think in about a month-2 you might see the first changes to how you remember yourself to have looked like.

• If you are trying to get stronger and toned you need to lift weights. No matter how much cardio or yoga you do you aren't gonna get toned. You will have a very healthy cardiovascular system but not a lot of strength. Plus chronic cardio is bad for you. Instead do HIIT high intensity interval training and lift weights. You don't have to lift too much since you are only trying to tone up your muscles. Go on bodybuilding. com they have programs for women. Eat more protein. Also they have diet plans. Good luck.

• A month and a half isn't enough, if you're quite skinny in the first place then losing those last few lbs is very difficult.

• Im not trying to lose weight

• Good things take time, I guess.

• If you're getting stronger it means you're building muscle, you just need more time for it to show.

What Girls Said 0