Why are people who are actually horrible in personality really popular?

It baffles me.

I can't stand this girl for five minutes, she's difficult, rude, mean, stubborn, the list goes on.

Yet she has more friends than I do at least.

How does she get away with it? Picks and chooses who to be nice to? If that is the case she's not as dumb as I thought she was.

Most Helpful Guy

• -shrugs- I'm guessing she's popular within her crowed/type of people.

• University? Where you're supposed to study a lot and cause no drama?

Yeah I don't get it.

• Not what I meant I meant social crowd.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I know how it feels. I always become best friends with the girl who is a bitch, but no one else can see it because she fools them all. I'm left to be the only one who sees her true nature, but if I say something, then I look like a jealous bitch who is just trying to get attention. It sucks, but that's how life is. :/

What Guys Said 3

• Because they are a challenge to get their affection and many people can't resist that challenge. The media is mostly to blame though for making people like Kim Kardashian famous simply for being a slut and a bitch.

• They are not afraid to speak their mind? Cuz they are shapeshifters?

• That bitch must be hot. I like hot.

What Girls Said 2

• People tend to gravitate towards strong, leader-type personalities. She probably has other qualities that make up for her bitchiness, like maybe she's attractive, outgoing, funny, etc. Since she's generally mean, people feel special/validated by her friendship, and get to feed off of her popularity (i. e. meet people through her, get invited places, etc).

It's strange to me that some college-aged people still have the mentality of a high schooler.

• She is unattractive. She is not funny, or outgoing, she is... laughable.

I actually don't get it, but I'll say this much. I feel better about myself being around her.

• they put on fake personalities and they are very likable