Why on earth do men over 18 talk to teen girls online?

Like what the? Girls as young as 12 have been contacted. My girlfriends sister has horrible requests from guys who are like in their 30s. Why do guys talk to teen girls online? What's so special about it?
by teen I mean underage ones

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're my new favorite guy on here right now.
    To answer your question: Because they're pedophiles. When I was in my early teens I played a LOT of online games and I didn't really understand why guys where so interested in me. Obviously, I avoided them - but there was no shortage of grown-ass men trying to hit me up. Looking back on it, I'm soooo much more disgusted now that I KNOW what they were looking for.

And my mom always warned me and asked me to stop playing online games, but I was just a kid. How was I supposed to really understand?

Anyways, this is not just an issue to young girls online. I remember the first time I got catcalled, I was like 12 or 11, and the car followed me down the street as i walked home from the school bus. my mom left her job and drove us to and from school ever since that day.

• If you're an older man reading this and you're talking to underage girls: YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.
      My girlfriend's sister was so scared once. She had some guy that spoke to her. He was really old and creepy. She texted me because I work near her school. I came down and asked the guy what he was doing. He got up and walked off. Ever since then I pick her up from school and take her home.
      I was disgusted that a guy could even think of talking to a girl like that. Yuck.

• Thanks. I'm also glad you shared your experience as it may encourage others to think twice.
      I think these men are lonely and desperate and horny and then they turn on their PC and embark on this horrible stuff being fuelled by lust.

• Thank you :)! keep up the good fight!

What Girls Said 2

• The real question is why are underage girls encouraging older men to talk online?

I have been online since I was 13 yo and admit I said I was 18 yo so yahoo, MySpace, mocospace, etc would give me an account.

Personally, I talked to older men and women coz my life at home sucked and talking to peeps in their 20's and 30's made me feel respected and grown up.

Plus, talking online u are invisible and it the men get too nasty, u stop talking to them. It's safe!

I liked that my parental units dint know i was having adult convos... parents dont get that 12 and 13 yo girls feel sexy and like kissing and stuff just as much as boys and even though we dont talk about it, we like sex and masturbating sometimes more than boys do.

My mom is so uptight about sex and some of my older online friends would talk to me about stuff i wanted to know. And when u have a shitty home life you need peeps u can talk to.

• Im sorry if your home life was crap. If you want to talk to someone I am here.
      Pedophiles love vulnerable targets.

• They love people that get attached to them quickly and they get possessive. All a pedophile wants is a hit for his addiction to his brain damaged fantasy.
      A child doesn't know what they're doing and pedophiles prey on this.
      Keep away from them if you're underage. They don't care about you.

• They have no redeeming qualities and need somebody stupid enough to date them.

• Haha! That's all kinds of truth.

• in my opinion they can't relate to people full stop. Often they are very inexperienced in dating and love and may have been abused themselves.

What Guys Said 9

• I think a few years ago on this site I had one friend on here who was under 18 and that's only because she would seek out my advice about things. That's all the discussions were ever about. Besides that I think it's wicked creepy :/

• If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. I'm talking about the perverts.

• No clue lol.

• I truly wonder this myself...

• Some guys like them younger just because it's against the law doesn't change how they feel and if they could get away with it they would do it. That's why they do it.

• i thought it was obvious. They want her sexually

• Because they want power over girls and can't get a girl within a year younger or their age.

• Their pedophiles I guess, it's sick and whoever does it needs medication.

• They are pedophiles I guess. Online it's just exposed more.

• It's just so yuck. My girlfriends sister showed me the messages she gets. It's disturbing to think guys my age or older are into that kind of stuff. They're kids for crying out loud. What can a child offer you? Nothing.

• Yeah it's sick. People like that probably should seek counseling or be institutionalized. I see pedophilia as having a mental problem.

• I don't know but that's way too young. 16 and up is good tho

• That's so gross and creepy as fuck.

• You're over 45. What could you have in common with a 16 year old girl? She's still a child developmentally. Yuck.