What countries are considered 2nd world countries?

And is Egypt 3rd world and dubai?😕

Emirates *

Most Helpful Girl

• The term "third world" dates back to the Cold War days when the USSR/Russia was in a constant face off with the USA and their allies. Those were considered the "two worlds" and the "third world" was all the rest, where they fought their proxy wars and vied for supremacy.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• When I took geography in junior high school, they said japan was considered a 2nd world country. Same with korea.

When we reached our unit on the middle east, there was no 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th world classification for them since the countries vary so much; plus not enough data at the time.

• How r these things done I mean what makes a country 1st world country and how Japan is 2nd world country

• Wikipedia always has an aswer: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World :v

• Yemen considered 2nd world? And dubai 3rd world how the hell.

• Ask the one who said this, not me.

• Good point tho thanks anyway 😊

• Dubai is first world.
    Egypt is second world.

What Guys Said 2

• China, cuba, vietnam, russia are examples. Aligning with the USSR made a country second world. Nothing to do with money really

• Pretty much all of africa aside from south and perhaps some of egypt.