Would you date a girl who has clinically diagnosed anxiety?

I have a history of mental illness, with Depression, Anorexia, Anxiety and severe panic attacks taking over my life from the ages 13 to 18. I am a lot better now, and I am happier and healthier than ever, but I am always afraid when I meet someone to tell them about my past. It's hard enough to post here. I feel as if it would be a turn off and they would run from the hills. I've been told from many guys that I'm beautiful, but I'm afraid to be judged based on my past. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I couldn't. I have my own mental problems to deal with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be ashamed of who you are and your past. Everyone has flaws. Not everyone is brave to admit or talk about them like you so applaud yourself for going through life with years of that illness and coming stronger AND being able to admit and talk about it in public because some people can't handle the disease, their flaws or their past. I have a bit of depression problems myself. Like some sort of disorder. A guy who really likes you for who you are will be willing to put up with your condition if you can accept him and his flaws the way he is too since nobody is perfect. So don't ever feel bad about yourself :)

• Thank you, that means a lot to me. It's really nice and refreshing to hear :)

• No need to thank me. Just keep ya head up like Tupac said :D

What Guys Said 6

• Definitely. I have had high anxiety, so I know what it's like

• At least you know you are not alone :)

• Yes I would I have been there and overcame panic attacks which are absolute hell. I could easily understand where she was coming from

• The past is the past. If you have recovered and it's no longer an issue/a driving force in your life then it is no problem. If it continues to play a role in your life tho, I'd be hesitant to get involved.

• Yes. Yes I would.

• Anxiety is the least serious one. So yes

• As long as she doesn't cut off my schlong while I'm sleeping.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not something too bad. If he loves you he would respect it.
    You said you're better now, didn't you? So why get worried about?
    I know how it feels to beeing judged about these kind of... Illiness and I know it's difficult to talk about it, so don't do it if you don't wanna do it.