How to deal with anxiety and negativity?

So I'm basically a "glass half empty" sort of person. I enjoy sarcasm, dry and crude humor, and satire. And apparently I hate everything (according to my family). I look at life, and I know something bad is bound to happen to me. I get really anxious, which leads to very negative thoughts about the situation, any person involved, and me. I become hysterical and then i just shut down. I'm not sure how to change it even though i really want to. I know how to act as if I'm very happy, but when it's just me in my room at night, I remember its all a front. And even when i try not to fake a smile, I can't because I hate it when people see me sad or upset, i feel vulnerable and weak.
How do you enjoy life?
I'm not sure what to do. This is just who I am, but I know the anxiety is bad for me and so is the negativity. I've never really shared this with anyone, so I'm a little lost.
and please dont say something sappy like, "Think back to a time where it was ok" "eat tubs of ice cream" "laugh a lot!" Because to someone like me, that means nothing. I mean, I could do it. It just won't help me at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know how one gets to enjoy life, I don't always. But I've dealt with some anxiety before and, strange as it may seem, what really helps me is reminding myself why anxiety is "bad for me" in a practical (rather than psychological) sense. Life is easier when I'm not a nervous wreck. It's literally easier to get things done - my hands don't shake when I'm writing an exam, for example.

What Guys Said 3

• I asked Jesus to help me with my anxiety and he did.

www.quickmeme.com/.../...3e5e1ceba9dfaa77508fe.jpg

• You embrace it.

• For Anxiety I tried everything but eventually had to ask a doctor who tried me on a handful of different medications. For me Klonopin (clonazepam) seems to help substantially. It doesn't help the negative thoughts but it does wonders for anxiety.

As for feeling down there are Cognitive Behavioral Therapists that can help you to manage those feelings. Try to surround yourself with things that you like and good/happy people and if you can't seem to feel better then I'd consult a doctor.

What Girls Said 1

• you have to say something positive every time you catch yourself thinking something negative.