Best backpack for Anti-Theft situations while traveling?

I'm traveling to Thailand in Novemeber with my wife, and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what is the best backpack for traveling to countries where pit-pocketing is so common?
I myself usually travel with a backpack. As you often times need to carry water, food, swim-suits, towels, and many other things. So, I'm wondering what I should buy in order to prevent any kind of theft during my trip. The backpack doesn't need to be large, but maybe 2-3 compartments, and big enough to hold 2 towels, 2-3 bottles of water, and a couple other small items.

Most Helpful Guy

• try a Swiss brand that will carry everything you need BUT make sure it comes with 2 sets of straps, 1 for your lower midsection and another to strap around your chest. that should keep it secure on ya.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Just some crappy old backpack.
    Expensive bags or any kind of locks etc just make it look like you've got stuff worth stealing, and invite trouble. The more you look like a poor student backpacker bum, the less tempting a target you present.

• How about having fake wallets as decoys and keep your real wallet in a fake container. That's what I would do.

• bring the ugliest things you got, dont stand out. dress like the natives, and never where white shoes