Do you want to get married?

I personally don't! I want to be in a committed relationships and have kids with that person, but I don't need to be married! No need to spend 100,000 on a wedding that's not even really for me or the guy and I don't need that legal documentation!

What do you guys think? Lemme know 😊🌸

Most Helpful Guy

• You clever amazing girl. Very wise decision.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, yeah, kind of. I'll be lucky af if I'll ever find some dude who actually wants to marry me. I see marriage as sort of sealing the deal.

What Guys Said 9

• I understand where you are coming from and I actually (partially) agree with you but I still want to get married. If you think that a wedding shouldn't change the fact that you love each other, I'm totally with you. I believe it is very well possible to be happy as a couple (or as a whole family) without actually being married. However, at the same time I do like the idea of getting married to my girlfriend simply because I feel like it would make our relationship even more intimate. I'm not saying we would love each other more (or less) but there's still something different about promising each other that you want to stay together. Another reason is that - and this is a simple fact - difficult life situations are usually better dealt with in a marriage. By that I mean: breaking up is SO simply. I had so many girlfriend who broke up with me, mostly over petty things. If you're married, you tend to be more cautious. A divorce is complicated and can cost a lot of money, so for example unfaithfulness leads to intimate talks, to fights, to discussion - to working together and getting through the dirt together instead of just saying "I'm gonna break up with you!" Unfortunately, many couples these days have forgotten how to deal with problems. We are such a consumerist society that even relationships have become a commodity: you use it until you get sick of it, upon which moment you simply throw it in the bin. I believe there's more to a relationship than that. I have the solid convictions that there are always means and ways to solve relationship problems if both people are actually willing to work on the relationship.
    However, there's also a very pragmatic reason in my particular case: my girlfriend is from a completely different country. I am from Switzerland, she is from South Korea. If you live in Switzerland as a foreigner and you're not a EU citizen, you have it incredibly hard. Our immigration laws are extremely strict. She has got temporary permit that she has to renew every single year and theoretically, they could kick her out any day. It's just not a nice feeling to live like this. If I get married to my girlfriend, she will get a Greencard and can a few years after that apply for a citizenship. This would solve a huge load of worries, both for us as a couple, as well as just for her (labor market etc.). Plus, if we marry we can be sure that our kids will be able to have both citizenships. So while we'll marry for love, we also marry for necessity.

• I think weddings are stupid. All weddings are is a piece of paper and an expensive 12 hour party that everyone else gets to enjoy but you! Whether you are married or not should not change the way you feel about someone. For a lot of people it is just a social standards thing, or a social achievement so you can rank higher amongst your friends. I would rather take the money spent for that 12 hour party and put to something I can actually hold on to like the down payment on a house, or a car, or buy furniture for the house and so on...

• I very much would like to get married, and to have it witnessed and approved by god, I don't think I could ever be with someone who wouldn't get married.

• We married in 1971

• I don't believe in marriage. Good for you, you're wiser than your peers.

• Yup, definitely want to get married at some point.

• Yup I do. Finding the right woman, however seems to be interesting however.

• Exactly! The only reason to get married? It's cheaper! So, yes, I want to get married, but, ONLY because it's cheaper

• The women normally doesn't spend a cent!

• LOL down-vote me but you know it's true, you softcore prostitutes

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't spend too much, I'm fine with cheap and cheerful, but I think that I do want to get married. It's a good life event, and it'd probably make my family very happy. I'm not sure why else I want to, it's just a thing I know would make me happy to do. But, if my partner didn't want to get married, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker as long as they were cool with a long-term committed relationship (so basically a marriage, just without signing a document and planning a big party :P )

• yup i would want to... at the right moment i guess

• Yes, I do. Would be wonderful to wake up next to the love of my life, everyday. Knowing he'll always love me. Being there for him through thick and thin. And knowing he'll do the same for me. Growing old with him...
    Plus, I want children, lol

• It's more than just a document though... nd yeah u I do:)

• I feel the same way as you, except I don't want kids either.

• I want to get married in the future, I see it more as a big party than a ceremony or signing a paper. I don't know anyone that would spend 100k on a wedding o_o, weddings don't have to fancy, I just want a dress and a regular party.

• I would like to get married but I'd be fine without it as well.

• Someday it would be nice, not bothered about a fancy wedding or anything but the idea of two people being really committed to each other for their lives is really nice.

• Yes I would want to get married eventually