My girlfriend said it is ok for her to tell her best friend my most personal secrets because she is her best friend and can be trusted. Is she right?

• Yes she is right
    16% (11)
  • No she isn't right
    84% (57)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

19

Most Helpful Girl

• No way. One thing I learned the hard way is that as counter-intuitive as it may sound, but it's important to keep the relationship with your boyfriend/girlfriend separate from friends.

I used to rant about my boyfriend quite often to friends. Occasionally slipping in a secret or two, unintentionally but I'd be careless and just let it slip. In any case, friends would take whatever they could. It eventually led to them turning against him, even over things that happened months ago that I was completely over. I ended up choosing to keep him over them once I saw how immature they truly were.

Friend's can be trusted, but only to a certain extent. Advise against her sharing your personal information with them.

What Girls Said 18

• I clicked yes because not all of it is bad... Firstly, I found out one of my BFs secrets which affected me and I had to talk to someone so I told my ex... Sometimes people need to understand secrets and see them from another persons point of view... I dont tell my friend so i can laugh at my boyfriend, i tell her so she can help me understand!

• How did the secret effect you?

• Yes I think I would have a chat with someone... Either my mum or my best girlfriend...
      I think she maybe finds it a bit difficult to overcome and wants to but she doesn't understand it fully... She maybe feels uncomfortable asking you but she doesn't want to ask you because she doesn't want you to feel like its an issue...

• And if your best girlfriend went and told people what would you do? And would you tell them even if he told you he would feel humiliated and sexually violated and sexually degraded if you told anyone?

• Woaah, I get that friends are always there to support you but mann thats a bit too far, there are personal stuff that is just meant to stay between the two people in the relationship, if she doesn't get that, then ask her how would she feel if your best friend knew most of her personal secrets

• They are YOUR secrets. Yes she is your girlfriend. Yes you can tell her your secrets. BUT you have control over who your secrets are told to.

• No she isn't right. It's not her personal business to tell. It's yours. And you tell who u choose to tell.

• her best friend doesn't need to know your business, that is how problems arise in relationships, nosy people butting in where they dont belong

• No, because you trusted her with your secrets.

Unless you told her it was okay for her to share.. otherwise that is not the right thing to do.

• No it wasn't ok because it wasn't her secret to tell.

• What the actual fuck... How old is your girlfriend to think this is okay?

• Dump her quick. She is an idiot.

• They're your secrets, not hers to tell her friend.

• Absolutely not for her to tell your secrets to her friend. Your secrets are between you and her, (since you told her because you obviously trust her) your life is not her friend's business unless you, personally, would want to tell her friend.

• Okay listen. Normally a girl wouldn't tell you that directly, but with most girls it's assumed that her friend knows a lot of secrets
    Just how girls are

• No. I wouldn't be ok with this

• Her best friend might be trustworthy but she sure isn't

• While she may trust her best friend, she's also in a relationship with you. Her relationship with you requires that if she is going to share details about the relationship or you, that she must consider your thoughts and feeling before doing so. After all, she would expect the same from you, right?

• What happens if they're no longer bestfriends? Her former best friend will sing like a bird.

• Yes, if it's something big, I usually need to talk to my best friend about it to help me deal with it, and to get a second opinion.

For example, I once dated a guy who injured his testicles when he was younger and so he told me he was infertile. I've always wanted children, so I talked to my best friend about this because I had to decide if I could stay with this guy or not.

• If thats the case then she should be telling sll of her best friends juicy secrets to you. Its time to dump her.