Things I shouldn't microwave?

I need to know things I shouldn't microwave because it might explode. just trying to be safe and know these things. safer communities together y'all

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Girl

• plastics
    and some glasses,
    normally it is written on glass if it is microwave friendly

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Electronic devices, metals, pets and eggs.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• marshmallows, aluminum foil, plastic, potatoes (unless you poke holes in them), silverware, Chinese take-out containers (take the food out of the box), styrofoam, grapes, sauces or seasonings, hot peppers ( they won't explode, but if you put in hot peppers and open the micro door, it'll sting your eyes and throat), metal mugs, and never turn on a microwave with nothing inside of it-the whole thing will most likely blow up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aluminin foil... I learned that one the hard way :(

0|0
    0|0
  • well no one has stated the obvious

Aluminium foil/cans

0|0
    0|0
  • Your brain. ...

1|0
    0|0
  • Laptops!
    A light bulb perhaps?

0|0
    0|0
  • plastic. please don't microwave plastic.

0|0
    0|0
    • not by themselves, but a thai soup in a plastic cup won't do any harm (other than being disgusting to eat, but that's a separate story)

• actually, the plastic has carcinogens and will seep into the soup which I assume you are ingesting.

So yes, it is dangerous. Please heat up soup and other foods in PYREX or other microwaveable containers. You can find glass -pyrex tupperware style containers everywhere these days. With no leak lids.

• A baby

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds more like you're asking us to give you ideas of things to put into your microwave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't microwave metal plates

0|0
    0|0
  • Yourself :)

0|0
    0|0
  • melamine tableware. Don't nuke it.

0|0
    0|0