Why can't girls be topless out in public just like guys do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll just let this meme do the talking.

memeguy.com/.../...-disliking-conclusion-66048.png

• now I understand loll!!!

• @mspiggy1990 You probably know him best as Thor...

• Oh well yeah I know who Thor is but not my type of man so not really just saying

Most Helpful Girl

• People tend to view female breasts sexually so girls aren't usually allowed to do that :/

• Pretty much this. People don't like to see 'sexual' things in public. Even though what is sexual depends on the person.

Maybe we should ban sandals because of people with foot fetishes. :P

• Great, yet another cause I support :P #FreeTheMoobs

What Guys Said 13

• Apparently you can in new York City. It is really just a matter of whether or not you'd really want to. It still wouldn't stop you from being prohibited in stores with a "no shirt no service" policy that applies to both men and women.

• I don't think guys should be topless in public spaces either... If it is a park or you live around the equator, fine be topless or wear a bikini top, but there is no reason to be walking around shirtless as a man or woman... especially where I live int he US and even more so here int he UK, it never gets hot here... again, if you want to go and sun bath in a park, fine. I mean more on a side walk or city...

• Boobs are private parts

That's the same as guys walking around bottomless

• No they are not private parts they where designed to feed a baby so yeah if u need to feed a baby in public its perfectly legal to pop your tit out and feed them and u don't have to cover it up either

• Yeah that's true but what I was saying was God designed them to feed a baby that they are really not a girls private part that's just how society has decided to view them that's all but if mine where bigger I probably would not mind showing them off but seeing as I don't have any any way why bother

• @mspiggy1990 Yeah I see what you mean.

But I think even that is debatable. At some point in history, humans decided that exposing breasts was not publicly appropriate.

So, it's not like we just covered them up for the hell of it. We felt it was a private part of the female body for a reason

• Because people are really childish and stupid when it comes to bodies.
    There isn't actually any good reason for that rule. It just kinda happens due to people's expectations.
    One thing to bear in mind is that the more taboo you make a part of the body, the more desirable and sexual it becomes.
    For example, men in the middle east can get excited when they see the ankle or elbow of a woman in public.
    Because they force full clothing on women there.
    It makes no sense at all.

• Girls don't get all worked up from seeing a topless guy. Some frustrated males do.

• Well i dont go anywhere topless... and i dont have boobs so... yaa

• They can already in many places, such as most states in the US.

• in my opinion they should allow it not for equality. that is not a wrong thing in my opinion if a girl lie to go for that i have np with it. but she ha to go topless where it is legally allowed and where people don't fell uncomfortable with nudity :-)

• If you are comfortable with men ogling like wolf at your boobs all the times, then go a head.

• I don't know. I feel it should be more acceptable.

• Because breasts are sex organs.

• Because it will tend guys to perversions and lead them to astray

• nope, if it becomes such a regular site, we won't care about it anymore.

• Who said you can't you need to come over to the UK and Europe we are very open and know being nude or naked isn't sexual. it's beautiful art

• I was thinking on moving there one day !!!

What Girls Said 6

• bc they're sexualized by those attracted to the female sex - not just by guys, but by bisexual/lesbian women, as well. bc they've been sexualized by society they're considered ~impolite to be shown in public. it's not a sexism/feminism thing in my opinion, it's just a fact. they should be allowed to be topless when feeding a baby, but otherwise they should be kept tucked in.

then again i don't think men should be able to run around topless either. :)

• Most bisexual and lesbian women don't really care about a woman going topless. Bisexual and lesbian women go in changing rooms with other women all the time and don't look or get turned on. It depends on the situation, I guess. But most bisexual and lesbian women are totally for women going shirtless, not because it'd be hot, but just because we'd like to do it too :P

• @fauchelevent forgot to tag.

anyway, as a lesbian woman (who is not speaking for all lesbian women, i guess i need to put a disclaimer on this) i don't like seeing anyone shirtless. seeing anyone, male or female, half-naked out on the streets in random public makes me uncomfortable. i mean in public-public; not changing rooms or swimming pools or the beach or my bdsm dungeon.

• I'm sorry if I sounded accusatory and upset you or something, I didn't mean to! :) But yeah, you're right, I don't particularly like seeing guys walking around topless, it's kinda awkward, y'know? But I'd like to have the ability to do it without being arrested :P

• Because sadly it's classified as being completely socially unacceptable. :(

• Because breasts are apparently too 'inappropriate' to be displayed in public. They're classed as too sexual by society.

• Cuz they got two big balls of fire resting on their chests which men don't have

• Because of boobs

• Because our breasts are viewed very sexually, and honestly speaking, there WILL be perverts tryn'a hang in their tongues!