What kind of music do you like?

Just a random question. I make music so I would like to see how many people would possibly like it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 80's British pop. Death metal. Some electronic such as Aphex Twin. Industrial. And old real emo like Elliot Smith. Oh, old country, Everly brothers and Johnny Cash of course. What kind of music do you make @DurnSure?

• I make house, drum and bass, trance and some dubstep. I don't think you would be into this :)

• If you did, I would definitely check it out. I swear.

• That's awesome. I will :)

What Girls Said 4

• I like alternative and really anything besides hard core country music and really stupid rap music.

So, bands/artists can range from Radiohead, Queen, Maxwell, Fiona Apple, Rammstein, Jeff Buckley, FKA Twigs, Ella Fitzgerald, Lana Del Rey, and Led Zeppelin. There are others too but this wasn't that type of question. I like things with good beats and great lyrics. Also, I generally like for the artist to have a good voice or an emotional voice.

• Indie rock, electro indie, alternative, rock...

• I like classic rock, punk, folk, or power metal :)

• Music with great lyrics and beat.

I am currently listening to Sugar by Maroon 5

What Guys Said 7

• Now when you say you "make music", do you actually compose, play instruments and record your music or do you hit buttons and "alter" other peoples music (AKA DJ'ing)
    The reason I ask is it's a small pet peeve of mine when people say they are a musician when all they are actually doing is taking pre-manufactured music, cutting and looping it, mixing it with other pre-manufactured music and calling it their own. If that's the case, you aren't making music. I'm not saying that is what you do, i'm just curious.

I primarily listen to Hardcore/Punk but I have a vast knowledge and appreciation for all types of music. What instruments do you play? What do you record with? Do you use analog (Like a 4 or 8 track) or do you mix using software like Pro Tools/Albeton?

• I play with a guitar and a piano just a bit but I don't really record me playing them. I make electronic music. I use FL studio and I try to create music that would have some original sounds, synths and etc. I know some people just copy loops and put some stuff on top and that's exactly what I don't want in my music. I try to make all the sounds from scratch. It really takes time and thought to make an original sounding track and I think this rule applies to every type of music.

• Instrumental, pop (J and K too), pop-rock
    alternative, some classic, some choir
    and every once in a rare while, country, too. ^.~

• A lot of different music. I like everything from classical and opera to 1930s jazz to big bang shit from Sinatra to folk music, blue grass, jazz, blues, soul, reggae/dance hall, jungle, DnB, dubstep, and other electronic music, to hip-hop, to Spanish or Arabic guitar, to Native American drum pow wows... The last thing I played was John Ledge - All of Me on the piano...

• RnB
    @complicated_soul i juz hadda dedicate this sing to u baby. I juz had to 😔
    http://youtu.be/W6QdnunCR0Q

• Electronica, triphop, chill.

Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWz78OF5zJ0

• Math Rock all day

• Many kinds.
    No actual favorite