Are you a good cook? What is the best dish you can make?

I am pretty sure girls will be the winners.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm good at cooking vegetable soup, noodles & shrimp, and mashed potatoes. I consider myself a decent cook because the things I cook are pretty much basic, and I don't spend much time cooking. I would love to cook more , it's important for me. When I cook myself I enjoy the food better.

What Girls Said 24

• I used to be the Chef of the Century, @Saydou, and this is coming from a girl who could not even boil water.
    I got out of school and didn't know the first thing about even Pot Luck because I never bothered to allow my mom to keep showing me the ropes to the hopes of Good home made cooking. I would put mom on a back burner all of the time because I... Didn't want to make the time to learn.
    However, when I got my First place, something magical happened to me while I was standing amidst my beautiful kitchen. I suddenly came alive with this Happy Homemaker Home made head of ideas Of: What to cook and bake to boot.
    Everything I Learned on my own was tasty, tantalizing and tempting to the human eye. I would cook for friends and family members by drips and drobes, having Mastered: Lasagna, mashed potatoes with saute onions, sweet saucy chicken, roast beef to die for with gravy, fruity salad, Stews, homemade desserts that made Betty Crocker look like a Crock pot, and just Everything Under the Sun bun.
    However, my Best dish was Pigs in the blanket because these were the most Difficult to make, Tedious but Tasty as the tongue could imagine and made with my own two hands Which... My poor fingers took a beating when trying to unravel each cabbage leaf in boiling water but After... Good to the bone good.
    Good luck. xx

• wow reading number dishes you can make and how tasty they can be i suddenly bite my finger. #SelfStudiedCook, :)

• haha probably... thank you @Paris13 :)

• Ah, so welcome, @Saydou. xx

• I'm not that great. I can cook basics but nothing fancy. It's something I want to improve on. The best dish I can probably make is... pasta with bacon ^_^

• i love cooking soooooo much, whenever i feel sd i would go cook something , it is very nice to cook to people and make them enjoy the food , my best dish is potato with mashed meat and white cream in the oven , yummy

• I can't make a whole lot. My homemade spaghetti sauce is perfection though!

• I actually got talent for cooking, but I just never do it. Normally if I cook I make broccoli zucchini soup with a bit of mint and pieces of salmon in it. Not that difficult or something, but it's almost the only dish I've improvised a bit. I'm also good at making ramen soup.

• I make a mean prime rib roast. If there's pasta or noodles of some kind involved, chances are I can make it.

• I'm not that great a cook. Both my mom and grandma are horrible cooks so I never bothered learning the ropes from them growing up. Sewing was much their forte.

Once I left for college though, I learned how to cook. Just basic stuff - sauteed chicken and tomato, pasta, beef stew, rice. Now, I can make a decent lentil soup, egg drop soup, and lamb chops. I much prefer baking though.

• I can cook as long as I have something to go off of. I think the best things I can cook are toad in the hole and what Sorted Food calls "Vietnamese pork in a clay pot," except I use beef instead of pork (because my boyfriend doesn't like pork).

• This pretty much sums up my expertisevignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• I can cook quite a lot. My favorite thing is sweet and sour chicken in the dutch oven. I cook mostly korean food though. Bibimbap, kimchi soup, bulgolgi, japchae etc...
    I prefer baking to cooking. Mmmmmm cookies! :)

• I don't know about cooking. I don't do it very often and when I do its less of a "crab stuffed lobster tale with sage butter churned while I sing hebrew prayers backwards" and more of a "mkay what can I bullshit out of the fridge today?"

But baking, I love!! I havnt found anything I can't bake. Breads are my favorite. All kinds cx

I could bake forever and be perfectly happy with my exiatance...

• I'm a good cook and a better baker. One of my best dishes is a saag curry with chick pea dumplings. My former husband is a fabulous cook - his collard greens and shrimp fra diavolo are heaven on earth.

• I can make a teriyaki rice bowl - I can make a teriyaki rice bowl only tho :D

• I am a terrible cook and it makes me very upset. :(

I can make tea, I think. Does that count? :(

• I'm a decent cook. I like cooking breakfast. My most popular dish is probably baked ziti.

• I can make a good thai curry chicken. :P

• I looove baking desserts (: But favorite dish? Mexican pasta!!

• I like to think I'm a good cook. My friends & family say I'm a great cook though. hahaha

• i'm a decent cook, but i specialize more on desserts than mains

• Shrimp alfredo and spaghetti

• Yesi am.
    My best dish a canellonis with shrim &veggis with 4chesse sauce

• I make the best eggs, any way you want them. Sunny side up, over easy, steamed, baked, scrambled, boiled. Feeling like an omelet? No problem.

• No :( I wish I was

Any good beginner recipes I can try out?

• I love cooking!

What Guys Said 17

• "I am pretty sure girls will be the winners."<---- oh dude... dat was a kick in my balls :(

anyway yeah i'm a decent cook... my best dish's fries. i know xactly how much time they need and make 'em taste just like take-away fries 8)

• Lol i was not expecting, fortunately there is many good guy cookers

• Yeah I was missing that fact Thanks @Klaatu51 :)

• u r welcome bro...

• I can cook really well. For several years now I have been making almost all my food from scratch so I have gotten cooking down for the most part. Not too much of a grilling fan. The best dish I can make would probably be a macadamia nut and Parmesan cheese rolled chicken breast with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella rolled inside.

• "Best dish" is difficult to ascertain
    how do you determine if a dish is better than another?
    More complicated?

My favorite food/dish to make, is sushi. ^.^

• Last week I even failed to heat up a pizza in the oven. I am a completely failure in the kitchen.

• A nice rib eye wrapped in fat broiled, then seasoned with basil garlic and seasalt place on grill. I enjoy eating the steak while others die of hunger around me... Mission Accomplished

• Alright here is a recipe put two eggs in a frying pan, cook it then put tomato paste in the frying pan with the eggs and mix it until it turns orange then turn it off then wallah its done.

• Yup I can cook anything basically steaks , pastas (Italian ) , pizza especially pizza , chicken with karry , shep , camels , and a lot of other things

• Spaghetti Bolognese is my best dish. I feel like I'm pretty good, I usually just throw random stuff in the pot to see if it tastes better.

• I consider myself a pretty good cook. I don't really have a problem with cooking any type of food. Cajun is delicious.

• I'm so jealous of people that can cook. Hot water is about the only thing I can make.

• I don't know about you, but I can microwave a damned fine set of pizza rolls

• Tomales , chrizo and eggs , tostadas , salsa my grandmother showed me how to to cook young and weman love it lol

• I cook a lot of things, I don't think I have a "best dish"

• I can only cook rice and stew. Ama bad cook

• I worked for a cooker in a hotel when i was student for 4 months so I think I win:)

• Fried Chicken.

• Cooking isn't difficult, it's like chemistry but easier.

I cook lots of things but my creme brulee is what melts the ladies hearts. The crisp sugar crust and the smooth cream within...

Seriously what is it with chicks and creme brulee?