Should I get a new gun for home defence?

At the minute I have a Ruger gp100 revolver but the suburbs near wher I live has started to get a bit rougher with muggings, rapes and home invasions and I feel I need more firepower.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Remember guns dont kill people, dangerous minorities do.

• Outstanding. Total MH material.

What Girls Said 3

• if it will make you feel better or safer, then yes. do whatever will help you sleep at night.

• More guns in circulation = more gun violence = more gun related crimes and killings

This cycle perpetuates forever. How you Americans fail to grasp this concept is beyond me.

• Not true. Chicago banned hand guns and yet gun violence increased and Chicago was murder capital of the United States. Criminals don't obey the laws. Let law abiding citizens have guns.

• The uk isn't very safe. People dissapear in London all the time and turn up in trash cans days later this in the country with the most cctv surveillance in the world.

• Even that kid from harry potter was stabbed to death.

• Yeah you should, i would own one if i could get my hands on one lol

What Guys Said 3

• you could invest in a Smith & Wesson.38 Special Bodyguard. its light but packs a fucking punch! 5 rounds, laser sights.

• I'd suggest getting a tactical shotgun. You don't need 'great' aim and it will drop any intruder you might have.

www.defensereview.com/.../...otgun_Oleg_Volk_1.jpg

• What do you think about this @BelleGirl21

• @BelleGirl21 9mm I thought you would have at least a 40 caliber for that lol. You never know if they are wearing body armor

• Lolol head shot silly.

• Tactical shotgun for home defense. You can miss with a pistol from five feet away.