Why do some people ignore sexism towards males?

(Before I start, I know that women have it bad in many ways too and that people ignore issues with women too)

I was wondering if any of you have an opinion on sexism towards males and why it's often ignored when people talk about feminism. Whenever I read post from feminist pages on Facebook/Twitter etc and even individual people. Most pages comment on sexism towards women (fair) but often paint men as evil and controlling with no mention of how some parts of society are sexiest towards men. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of Feminism?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• if males are seen as victims, then the "idea" of men being privileged by default, and the idea of women being victims of male oppression fades away, and those 2 ideas are the main pillars on which any branch of feminism is built upon. It's easy to see why feminism and male issues don't mix well... I hope :P

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I think sexism towards both genders is wrong they both deserve equal rights.

• I agree fully but I feel sexism towards males is often ignored

• Well don't mind those male hating women. It is highly unlikely they would made change to the society.

• Not just male hating women, but also people who only focus on sexism towards women and act like there isn't sexism towards men

• HE'S BACK!!!