Why is it that so many people ask question Anonymously?

I can see that some people may ask really sexual question anonymously but there are so many question that are not embarrassing at all and people ask them anonymously! Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a sexual question or a question that is related to a sensitive topic, like racism or religion, I understand why they post it anonymously. They're either embarrassed or they don't want that post to be associated to their accounts.
    As for other type of questions, it's probably the force of habit or they're that afraid someone who they know in real life finds out they use GAG.

What Guys Said 14

• maybe that's for you , for them everything is sensitive. if there's only one out of million chance what they posted would haunt back at them in the future, means they wouldn't take the chance. would you?

• I did say I agree with some issues but others are just super normal questions and people post them anonymously?

• I did seen a question said about there was a girl hadn't been on this site for very long time, and one time she came back and reviewed her profile , i guess it was nostalgic, then found all her old answers and questions were pretty juvenile to her , she said she never given a thought that she could be such juvenile and naive in those old days.

• i hope you don't ge me wrong, i'm not saying girls are juvenile, i'm saying people are too afraid to admit theirselves to be such a person, see those wanna delete their questions, opinions, comments, change their username, using an alternative account all day, it's not about the content, it's about the deviation of their expectation for their own.

• That is puzzling but have you ever had days when you want to keep a low profile maybe anons want to do it all the time

• People make the question more personal or get scared to answer depending on who's asking and who is in the profile picture. That's why I ask all my questions anon I find I always get better answers and people not hesitating to answer seriously though they sound confused when I ask questions non anon and I wind up having to answer my own question

• Many stay perpetually anonymous here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• They're embarrassed or trolling.

• it should't matter anyway but prb they don't want to sound stupid or don't want people to judge them for asking a certain question

• Because trust is earned, not given.

• is it your problem? probably don't get life, because you're pretty and coast by..

• They feel embarassed about asking it...

• I don't know but, hey, can I ask you something?

• -Trolling
    -Afraid of the annoying blockers with a different opinion like @creepycreeper
    -Telling something private
    -Asking or answering something non consequent ( conflicting with what they asked or answered earlier)

• I post anonymously whenever possible because it's not about personalities for me. It's about interesting questions and interesting answers. Doesn't matter who wrote them. Why would it?

• I know, it's really weird, I hate it when people go anonymous on here. It's probably because they're just sad in real life that they still live in their parents basement and can't get a job.

• I post anonymously because I don't want to disappoint my followers with my stupidity.

• you should never think of yourself as stupid

• That's a very kind thing of you to say, but you must understand that I am not being pessimistic about myself here - merely realistic.

What Girls Said 7

• Many people on GAG, @GFEDATY, like to hide behind the computer curtain Regardless of the Questions and just to feel relaxed in Answering and giving an opinion without Any redrick from... Within, I feel sometimes.
    I have Answered a few myself with dealing with politics and religion because many people get Hot over this sore subject. There was even Once that i had Asked a Question and kept myself Not in the Know. xx

• I agree with some sexual subjects, politics and religion - I hate even talking about politics and religion with my family

• LOL - you make me laugh

• lol... And I can make dad.. Mad. lol:)) xxoo

• I asked this question too... last month I think... many are trolls.. some just like to keep a low profile... some just don't want to risk getting in an argument

• They don't want the questions to lead people back to their profile and see everything else they've asked and answered on

• They just do not want to be known. Some people like anonymity

• because they're shy?
    i dunno.

• I don't understand that either

• Because there trolls