What would you do if your child decided to go to an Indian Reservation instead of college?

Your kid just graduated high school. When you're thinking about what colleges they'll apply to, they come up to you and say they decided to not go to college. Instead, they'll move to Montana to learn the Cheyenne language and climb some mountains, and maybe find a job. They have some money saved up. What would you think?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think, damn you are stupid, and you are going to regret this, but do what makes you happy

What Guys Said 2

• I would support them all the way.

• I'd give him some diarrhea medicine and tell him to have fun. If I had a girl I'd tell her there was no chance and take her passport away.

• If you're trolling, you're not funny. If you're not, you're a horrible person. Sexism is never okay.

• Okay, you have a son. Imagine you had a daughter. A very attractive young woman, small build. Basically bait for some dumbass strung out on meth. You'd still let her go? Alone?

• @LuckyNumber5 this

@Asker she can have a go at understanding why I don't want her to do it, then if she persists she can go to the trouble of finding her own place to stay, paying for herself, getting a new passport and paying for the trip.. if she still wants to go faced with all those difficulties I'd be surprised, I'd look into getting someone to keep an eye on her if she went ahead with it in the end.

What Girls Said 6

• I would tell them over and over again its a bad idea until they believe me and they eventually will.

• I'd kind of think "Why does this white boy want to go to a Native Reservation." I'm 1/4 Siksika and I still wouldn't go to the reservation my grandma lived on. Maybe to visit for an hour and see what it's like and learn my heritage, but I wouldn't stay.

• I would encourage him to reconsider his decision.

Give him reasons as to why college is important. Etc.

• I'd be like "cool beans, stay away from the drugs there too"

• I'd think they'd be crazy. I'd rather they go to school first, then become a hermit

• i would support them.