Why do you catcall?

Like what entices you to do so when you see a guy/girl outside when you're driving by?

I was was just walking back into work from break, in a sweatshirt and yoga pants no less, and some dillhole shouted "hey baby!" out of his friends car window while they sped by.

Like why. It's not necessary. It's not flattering. I was just really confused and almost spilled my smoothie in the confusion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but one time some guy yelled out his window and it came out as this weird high pitched sound and my roommate said "I think we just got hit on by a gerbil."

• HAHAHAHAH OH MY god instant mho.

• Thanks for mho - it's one of my favorite stupid college stories! I don't have any obnoxious catcalling ones, thank God.

What Guys Said 17

• I've never done that in my life. It's completely rude and asinine. The word lowlife comes to mind as well.

• I don't cat call / haven't been cat called before, but I believe the mentality of people that do is that they think they are complimenting the person. It's not necessary nor flattering, but they think it is.

... Either that or they want to see people surprised and almost spill their smoothies lol

• Dillholes I tell you.

• Hahaha Dillholes? Well their choice of words are probably getting a great deal of influence from their "pickle" xD

• Because it's fun, and it's common around here, I've been wolfcalled ( I guess that's what you'd call it -shrugs- a lot ) so I do it in return, no words, just whistle or double whistle, always gets smile lol.

Of course unlike other places around here we know it's just good fun, I don't know I guess more friendly flirting is just more common around here, and not thought of as a big deal or anything, like sometimes older women and seniors come in and say hey handsome or something ( because I know all of them really well and they know me ) and I'll retort with hey gorgeous or something, just stuff like that happens a lot,

So I honestly don't see the big deal -shrugs- different worlds, environments I suppose.

• We tend to look at women who are 'showing off' as advertising for attentiion, but of course, here in the US especially, only wealthy guys are 'supposed' to respond.

The rest of us, we know our attention wouldn't we welcome if we walked up to this girl, so we do catcalling as a way of 'getting even' with her, for putting us all down collectively.

It won't stop until women start getting more democratic with their favors, and you know what?

Here in the US, I haven't put a date on when I think that might even BEGIN to happen!

• Damn man, that's one of the most pathetic things I've read on this site so far

• Why the fuck would you try and punish a girl you don't know for the fact that you're a twat and can't get a girl. What do you mean by 'favors' anyway? Besides, not all women wear revealing clothes for attention- we don't advertise you ignorant peice of shit.

• You know, people don't appreciate being put down. Ever heard of that? You act like you don't KNOW that, White Lantern, superhero...

• To find my cat when it's missing?

Just kidding I hate cats and catcalling <3

• They see a girl that they want to flirt with and want to yell out for kicks and Its easy while there in the car driving by where they won't be put on the spot, they want to get a reaction out of you so they can have some fun talking about you

• Guys do it for a thrill lol!
    even if you aren't hot they will say stuff like that

dont take so personal

i dont cat call, too shy and awkward

• I never catcall any girl / woman., why they do it is cause their immature little boys
    need a ass kicking from me ,, Hey i had some girl catcall me one time calling
    me baby but i believe she was bullying me and meant nothing by it,,,

• I haven't a clue. I've never catcalled anybody, male or female.

• I don't, I don't like calling attention to myself

• The media, movies like 50 shades of grey reinforce the ideology of entitlement and control. The day women stop wanting to be submissive is the day men will stop wanting to dominate. Then society will stop catcalling you

• For the same reason you catfish... They want attention.

• I never catcall. i do not do things that result negative response.

• Because a girl is fine!

• I've never cat called. Girls have dog called (?) me though. They have also done things to get my attention. What entices them? My good looks I reckon. I think it's flattering but embarrassing at the same time. Does that make sense? Probably not.

• Freedom of speech is a part of it :)

• you lying. that only happens in movies and tv shows

What Girls Said 7

• I've never seen a guy on his own cat call. I've had a guy on a motorbike stop by the car in traffic and ask my MOTHER for my phone number. That was damn respectful and I was flattered.
    Guys do it in groups to impress each other because when they're little boys like that, they all think catcalling is cool. Then they'll all talk about how good they are with women and how they had this hot bitch last night begging for their dicks, but they fail to tell how that hot bitch was a porn star on their iPhone screen while they lay in bed alone last night jacking off.

• They're hoping one day this will happen
    gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/.../...x1r5ml59o1_1280.jpg

• i guess its because they want attention or as what @bubble_tea said

• Cause some idiotic guys love to see girls reaction when they catcall

• Sucks for them that I was wearing sunglasses 😝

• LOL! 😂😂😂

• I use to get so annoyed. I even use to call them "Jerks" "Get a life" etc. But then I realised the more I react, the more they teased me. So, now I just wear a headphone and wear a scarf on my head, to avoid looking at my sides, lol

• whatever the reason is,... it's stupid and annoying
    and the ogres that do it should get a life

• I don't catcall, it just makes them look idiotic.

• they are just jerks who think they are entitled to it.