I'm getting my first tattoo soon, any tips?

By soon I mean August 28th xD. I'm getting it done horizontally on my ribs. Any advice?

Thanks SO much for all of the helpful advice! I absolutely LOVE my tattoo :)

m.flickr.com/#/photos/mickysimpson/20465482373/

Most Helpful Guy

• My only words of advice are:
    Don't Do It!

• Why is that?

• What were you going for?

• Like what am I getting done? It's going to be a black brush stroke style feather with 5 birds coming off of it to represent how my 5 older siblings helped me through everything and come out of the experience stronger. The last of the birds is going to just be an outline and the rest are going to be black because I only have one full brother and the rest are half siblings. Behind the black ink at the base of the feather will be splashes of various watercolors (blue, purple, red, etc) just as a reminder that no matter dark things seem, there's always something bright and beautiful about it.

What Guys Said 5

• i say get a Ferrari horse, or a an outline of a race track, or like women racer <3 or maybe even a tattoo of my car? :D all great idea's!!! ;)

• Haha as much as I love Ferraris I think I'll pass

• Thank you :)

• good luck!

• Make sure it doesn't say "skepta"

• Lol no xD it's going to be a feather turning into 5 birds with a splash of different watercolors behind the base of the feather

• Yeah I think tattoos are pretty cool it gives you more character as a person

• Agreed! Haha

• Yeah make sure it says "Duh, I'm dumb" so that when you get older and ask yourself, why and the hell did I get this fucking tattoo you can go oh yeah!! duh I'm dumb... That totally explains it. I feel better now.

• Do't worry about it, it will be ok

• Yeah that's an ugly place to get a tattoo.

• I like it. I think it'll flow nicely with my body and it's really easy to cover up

• that's the thing, it doesn't flow because it's asymmetrical.

• I see your point but I stand firm in my decision :)

What Girls Said 2