How do you feel about the Sandra bland incident?

If you're unfamiliar with this case a black woman was driving to Texas for a new job and was pulled over for not signaling she was changing lanes was arrested and 3 days later "committed suicide" in the cell with a plastic trash bag. I think it's murder when you watch the video after the officer SLAMMED her to the ground (concrete mind you) she said she could not hear and later mentioned she had epilepsy. I believe slamming her into the ground gave Her a concussion and a concussion left untreated can result in death considering she was in a cell for 72hours it killed her. I already know the garbage Bag bit is bs because it's illegal for them to put anything in a cell that can be used as a weapon and not only that but what's there to throw away? Hopes and dreams?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so sad.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the video both the cop and the driver behaved like ego driven assholes.

The cop drove up very fast behind her and failing to signal, she changed lanes to get out of his way. I'd be pissed too to get pulled over for this.
    His intent was to issue a warning but she gets all mouthy with him, refuses to put out her cigarette, refuses to get out of the car. Why? Instead of calling for backup he stupidly pulls a taser on her (WTF?). She gets belligerent and he gets a cut, she gets her head slammed. WTF these are supposedly grown adults, not middle schoolers.
    I'll let the department decide if the cop was guilty of being something worse than an out of control asshole. I think he badly mishandled this traffic stop. Unlike the first video release the re-submitted video showed no evidence of editing.
    Speculate all you want but the coroner ruled the findings consistent with suicide. Bland took her own life. A fatal head injury would have been found on autopsy. . . it was not.

• He wasn't giving her a warning he was giving her a ticket. As a citizen you have every right to ask if you are being detained or arrested.

• In the full video he stated his intent was to issue a warning for failure to signal. Then she went all Honey Badger on him and he ticketed her and arrested her.
      I agree that you have every right to question if you're free to leave. Also it's wisest to say little or nothing because cops are just looking for excuses to be dicks. There is nothing you can say to a cop that can help you. But don't be uncivil to a cop. . . ever.

What Girls Said 4

• The whole thing seems a little fishy... like when she was at her car and the video was skipping... Shady shady shady...
    So sad!!!

• I think it's really sad and shocking. I don't believe that she committed suicide.

• 4 words: Corrupt police, black victim

• Just another day in America. Cops murdering black people.

... I say this as a white person in case anyone wants to throw a fit.

What Guys Said 4

• Whatever the cause of death, be it murder or suicide. The police need to be held responsible. Once somebody has been put in a police cell. They are the cops responsibility. The whole thing does seem suspicious, I mean does not signalling that your changing lanes really require 3 days in a police cell anyway. Hopefully the truth will come out.

• You also forgot about the part where she was running around screaming hysterically, possibly on the verge of violence.

• How exactly could she run around if she was sitting in her car asking if she was being arrested until the officer threatened to shoot her if she didn't get out of the car? Not to mention he almost broke her arm while trying to hand cuff her

• Not shoot her, taser her. "Light you up" is cop/dick lingo for tasing.

• Sorry but "light you up" has meant shoot you with a gun since the 90s if not before that so yeah he could've worded that better

• The US is full of corrupt authority figures. I ain't saying they all like that but the ones that are, are really bad. F**k them!

• 0|0