Guys, why do you stare at girls in that way where the girl feels as though it's only the two of you in a room?

Sort of like a connection.

Do you do it on purpose? Are you trying to convey to the girl you like her?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• if i am doing that, it is because she IS the only girl in the room to me that matters. i may not necessarily be doing it to convey it to her, but, one thing that is for sure is, for me to do that, i definitely do like her. do i do it on purpose? no, it's a natural thing to be captivated by something/one that you like and are interested in.

• It sort of feels like its on purpose with him. He just continues staring on all wide-eyed like a deer. Plus, he's good with that whole deer look, I think people have told him he looks cute doing that.

• If we cross paths, he just STARES lol all wide-eyed sort of like, 'what's wrong?'

I think it has to do with the fact that the first time I met him something was actually wrong, and he gave me that darned look afterwards. So now maybe he thinks that's the only way to communicate with me lol.

He doesn't say anything. Not even a hi

• no hi, just staring? that is weird lol

What Guys Said 6

• Why do you think? Are you thinking that right now? Good, because that's your answer.

• yea we can't help it. Honestly when I stare at a Girl I like, I'm not even thinking anything at all. my mind goes blank

• Yes and yes. Be cautious though depending on where this is happening (a bar, church, family gathering) many men use this technique to lure girls into a one night stand... even at church.

• How about a deserted mall?

• If she maintained eye contact she likes you

• It depends, sometimes we do it to check out the girl if they're attractive, other times if I would really like the girl (this is me) i actually wouldn't stare at her unless 100% there was no chance of her knowing i was looking lol.

• He knows me, so it's not to check me out, I would think.

He just stares into my eyes, not the body lol

• I'll keep that in mind.

You know, interestingly he never stares at me and then looks away suddenly. Like I've never caught him staring and then looking away out of embarrassment. But if we cross paths he does that weird staring into my eyes thing.

• in my opinion he likes you and finds you interesting, girls do that to me, but they stare at look away after i catch them its weird expressionless with a blank deep stare, can't tell if they think im attractive or just making fun of me lol, but ya once again he likes you 99% sure.

• You can see she likes you and you have that effect on her, the stare means nothing though, sometimes you like her but sometimes it's just nice to feel desirable.

• Hmm? But it's the guy that initiates the staring, not the girl? So how would he know if/when the girl likes him.

• Ha ha why do you say that? That I'm a rational thinker? :P

I'm those conservative types. That's why I was like it's likely not the sexy part, although I'm a looker in terms of my face.

But I'm confused whether he like likes me or is simply just attracted to me. I can't believe he might know, man that's embarrassing

• I said it because you're clearly thinking in a linear fashion as we converse.
      Conservative is very good, from my point of view but not everyone's. FYI a pretty face can spark all kinds of imagination!
      I can't help with your confusion I'm afraid, it's not possible to suss people out remotely or to give advice on how to do it, I think it's a gut instinct thing.. also I think being a bit suspicious is a good thing as long as you're not thoroughly paranoid and pessimistic. Don't be embarrassed, it's... cute! lmao