Have you ever had a lucid dream?

A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Have you done this or wanted to try this? I have exercised my brain a bit to try this myself in the past and I have had some knockout dreams as a result. At one time I was logging them as if they were short stories.

What have been your experiences, if any?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love doing this and I have based a lot of my stories from a dream which I have enjoyed. I love my dream life♡

• MHO! My dream come true☆

• I like the fact you've been creative enough to not only have the lucid dream and come up with something enjoyable to have, but you also make stories out of them. :)

• I can entertain people with them. They make more sense than my real life somehow.

What Guys Said 14

• I have had quite a few lucid dreams thorough my lifetime. These happen to me naturally especially if I have a siesta rather than in the night :)

• Kinda maybe sorta? I remember having a dream and being sort of aware I was dreaming but I either couldn't or didn't attempt to control the dream.

• Naw, every time I become aware I am dreaming, I wake up instantly.

By the way, when I was a young man, my dreams were truly spectacular. They seem to have been written by Lucas, Spielberg, Tolkein, and King... and all of 'em were on acid.

Now, I dream about paying bills. I dream about writing another IEP or TPR. I dream about being stuck in traffic. It hardly seems fair to have to do these things during the day, then come home, go to sleep, and do them all over again at night. :(

• I don't remember the majority of my dreams but for the ones I do remember they're always lucid dreams.

• I have 90% control over all my dreams once I realize I'm asleep.

• Almost every night of my life. I suffer from PTSD and have night terrors every night. I'm well aware that I'm dreaming, but I am still frightened and wake up screaming, sweating and sometimes crying.

Lucid dreams suck for anybody who can't control them.

• That's not a lucid dream. That's your brain trying to work the trauma out
      Those nightmares are awful.

• No, it's a lucid dream because I am aware that I'm dreaming.

• I've had them a few times. One dream I remember is I was having a scary dream where a serial killer was trying to murder me but then I realized "Oh wait this is a dream! I can do whatever the fuck I want!" I spawned a machine gun and shot him into two, I flew away busting out of the building and hurling a few nukes at the building which exploded and obliterated the whole place, it was awesome!

• I almost did once, but I woke up at the good part. Had a pretty dull day afterwards, and never had another good dream again.

• I think I managed to but only once and it wasn't really that vivid. I'm thinking of taking the steps necessary to do it again though.

• MOST of the time

• Yes, the best part is if there's something I don't like i can change it

• Yes, it led to a wet dream if you know what I'm saying!

• I have had one, I could fly and it was awesome and peaceful.

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't, but I really wanna do that, the whole lucid dream thingy intrigues me very much. I used to read a lot about it, do reality checks, watch videos about that stuff, put on music that apparently helps to lucid dream, but I didn't really succeed. The closest I got was that I DREAMED that I was lucid dreaming, which was bizarre. Dream within a dream I guess. But I'm very impatient, so I stopped trying. Might give it another try sometime, cause from everything I've read, other people's experiences... it seems amazing.

• Yes I had one once and it was so dumb 😂
    I literally wasted all my time. It went like this-
    I was in my old elementary school and there was a really nice pool there for some reason and there was this giant dragon and it was killing a bunch of people and it like threw this girl in a wheelchair in the pool I think lol it was kinda scary but then I just punched myself and it felt kinda like fuzzy for some reason so I'm like- I think I'm dreaming. And then I literally just layer down in the hallway trying to wake myself up because I was so bored. I remember I kept slamming my head against the locker because I wanted to wake up and then when I did I'm like why didn't I fly or something? 😂 It was so stupid and I'm kind of sorry for wasting your time if you bothered to read this.

• I've never experienced that unfortunately. My boyfriend does have some

• no i wish i could try it

• i have a few times.