Should all whites have to suffer in order for things to 'balance out'?

I hear it a lot as a white South African, whites should suffer for what the Apartheid did to the blacks... I hear of lot of them say that what the Boer did to the blacks should be paid back by us.

You have no idea how hard life is for us round here... segregation still exists, but a lot of us whites feel more oppressed from ever before.

What do you thinK?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, but I seriously don't believe whites in South Africa are 'oppressed', not for one second.

• Well that is pure ignorance. Read up about Coronation Park... that is poverty... that is oppression to me euh

• So you choose to ignore the fact that I gave you clear evidence that black people are in a far worse predicament in South Africa. I think you're the one who needs to open their eyes.

• That is all.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard about the discrimination whites face in South Africa and I'm sorry to hear that you have to pay for what your ancestors did.
    In my opinion I don't think whites in this generation should suffer to repay for something they themselves never did but I think you's should not separate yourselves from blacks, like they do in America. I understand that will be hard because I assume black people are reasonably bitter, but separating yourselves won't make it any better. I've got no suggestion to how you's can come together instead of segregating yourselves but that's my idea.

• I live in a good area, but places like Coronation Park are horrible... they are the ones who are marginalised!

What Girls Said 5

• I don't believe in that "sins of the father" bullshit. Plus, I'm pretty sure my family never owned black slaves, even though they were white.

• Isn't that hypocritical. If they would do the same thing to us wheres the justice its just turning it around except there the bad guys now lol this is why two bads dont make anything right.

• No, the only people who should suffer were the ones from the past. You didn't do anything wrong.

• They don't want you to suffer - they want you to help them.

• Umm hell no!

What Guys Said 10

• I'm not gonna pay for what others did, just like you don't go to jail for what your cousin did.
    Plus, those who say we have to pay didn't suffer that, so they shouldn't be the ones talking.
    It's ignorant to believe that someone has to pay for the actions of others, that came before them.

• No whites shouldn't have to suffer, what people fail to realize that we are all brothers and sisters, forgive but dont forget
    Help each other to become part of a functional, hate free society

• Two wrongs don't make a right. That's like saying that there should be a genocide against the Germans because of what the Nazis did to the Jews to "balance it out". Anyone who says anything like that is as disparaging to those who've suffered from it as the people who committed those atrocities.

• Dude violence isn't going to work maybe this will all white women have to at least date 1-2 people of color in their life time... Love fixes everything *sprinkles glitter*

• Nobody should pay for the sins of their fathers.

• Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Fighting racism with new racism won't work.

• the fuck no. who ever said that was stupid. anyone who believes that is in fact beyond stupid

• No, more suffering doesn't solve anything.

• I don't care about that but if I did I'd just fuck white girls in honor of the racists whites who wouldn't want me with one. :P