Do you believe in God?

If you don't, tell my why. If you do, tell me why.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't. I don't think I could ever be a follower of any of the popular religions like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc. I was raised Southern Baptist, and for a while I believed. But I got to around the age 13 and started questioning. I couldn't really believe that Jesus was born of a virgin woman. And I couldn't get over all the terrible things said and done in the bible. I thought God was terrible. He was jealous, harsh, and showed unfair favoritism. Around this time I also started learning about evolution and biology. And the words in the bible didn't match up with what I was reading in my textbooks. So, I stopped believing.
    And I don't eat meat because of how animals are treated in the food industry. I study to become a vet. I want to open my own animal shelter, I want to foster children, I want to volunteer overseas treating people and animals. Life has been very successful without god.

• But without God you wouldn't have that successfully life. How can you say there is no God, explan the raise of Jesus in three days. Tell me why people get possessed by demons or satan. Tell me why I herd voices saying not to wake up, and I finally wake up and the time was 3:02.(3:00 AM is the devil hour, look it up) Tell me why i see people cry when the see the eucrist. DONT TELL ME GOD isn't REAL!!!

• :)
      Interesting

Most Helpful Guy

• Which one? Here, pick your choice:
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg
    (double click in the fine print !)
    (that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)

Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them, save one. That makes for many sufferings.

What Girls Said 8

• No, I don't. There are too many gods out there to choose from that scare the shit out of people to get them to believe whatever it is they should believe just so they get a nice seat in heaven or all the virgins they can handle.

But aside from all of that, I believe in proof and so far, no one of any religion can provide me proof to show their god exists. They also can't explain themselves when pointed out discrepancies in their holy texts or how science is proving more each day things that debunk religious teachings.

And aside from THAT, I'm living a fulfilling life happily as an atheist, so not believing in any god has been a nice experience so far for forty years, no need to fuck it up with a god that is going to send me to hell for things like deciding to work on Sundays or for not covering my hair in public.

• I do believe in God, but not any organized religion. I believe there is a god in some sense that is either too abstract (we can't comprehend it) or beyond our reach (can comprehend, but can't measure/observe).

I don't believe this voluntarily to be honest. It's a constant emotion, feeling inside me and I choose to accept it as something worth valuing as a part of "reality", since "my reality" is the only reality I will ever truly know seeing how so much of it hinges on my biases and an entirely unique perception.

Intellectually, realistically, beyond this "feeling", I can't claim anything but "I don't know". So I'm an agnostic in that sense. My belief is something internal, private and has nothing to do with commonly accepted shared human knowledge, or my logical reasoning.

• He protects me and I can feel HIs presence daily doing different types of healing work inside me.

• I am agnostic.

• Yes I doo
    I think there's something beyond the stars

• No, I think there's too scientific proof. Also, if there was someone omnipotent up there, 'He' would help people who were suffering.

• Yes, I do. I was raised that way. Over the years I built a relationship with God. He has shown my family and, I that we can trust in him. We have been blessed and, he has came through every time.

• Yes, the answer is as simple as that. Say yes, and go to Heaven. Jesus will come back for us, let's be ready for that day :)

What Guys Said 11

• In all fairness, I do but I'm not one of those people to judge anybody or say it's wrong if I know anyone who doesn't believe.

I don't go to Church all the time or anything but I also just feel like the world and everything must have been created by somebody and that it couldn't have just happened without anything. But then there's always the counter argument when someone might ask who created god? And so on.

But yeah I do believe

• I don't believe in God or religion - Too many matters that can not be proven logically but if you are a person of faith I have no problem with you.

• Yes. I couldn't not believe in God, since I wouldn't even exist without him. My grandfather (well, both of them) fought during WWII and became alcoholics after they returned home; my grandfather from my dad's side of the family sent my dad when he was young to get some bread from the grocery store, and then he was drunk before my dad got back home; all that saved my dad's life when a bullet went through the front door was a random instinct of my dad to step to his right of the bullet's direction. It's also impossible for me to believe that the entire universe was created just *coincidentally* (sure, there's the Big Bang Theory, but it also takes faith to believe in that since nobody saw it take place) and, to quote Trey Parker, that we're here just 'cause. That's what I think.

• Yes I do believe in God, why? Well I can't imagine that this universe came from nothing or created itself, that doesn't make sense to me, there must be a creator who created the universe because in OUR NATURE RUELS, nothing comes from nothing.

• I do not

I just like to go with whatever makes the most logical sense. Plus there's no proof

But I have an open mind about it.

• Nope

I really, truly tried to believe in a god, but there was no way I could possibly rationalize it. Logically it just did not make sense, (and even a very rudimentary knowledge of history, biology, and astronomy backs up this idea).

• Nope it is impossible for me at this point

• What did you mean impossible. Nothing is if you just have faith.

• No. There are more important things to devote my time to.

• Not in the sense that a force with human qualities like judgment and vengence created all this in seven days and at the beginning there was adam and eve and talking snakes and shit, to me that's daft. I do believe in a higher power though because some things are too much of a coincidence, I don't think there's much point in praying to it though.