Why is the world so mean?

Why are people so mean to each other...

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. Many people don't give a shit about anyone else anymore. If everyone took time to care about others it would be a better place to live. People are jealous of others which is a big problem these days. Are you referring to anything in particular?

• No nothing in particular. Just everything in general. I see it so often, in the news around me. Sometimes it makes me very sad, because even those who are mean and cruel are still human they have feelings too, how can the guilt of hurting another not eat them alive?

• They try to justify it with pathetic excuses.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people are insecure, and when people are insecure, they feel the need to tear others down to make themselves look and feel better. Of course, it doesn't actually work and no amount of making others feel shitty makes a person feel better..

Secure people build others up and actually draw motivation from other peoples' success. Instead of thinking "fuck that bitch. She doesn't deserve what I don't have!" they think "Oh, good for her! I bet if she can have that, I can too if I work for it!"

What Guys Said 12

• Nature is a Wicked Btch!! She kills millions with a storm, and doesn't care.
    Life is hard, like is struggle. Somehow we decided that it should be 'fair'. Nature isn't that way. She works her wicked was as to her whims!!

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly."
    Richard Bach

• Well honestly, i think people care less than you think. Ita not that people hate you or dont like you, they are just not thinking about you, theyare thinking about themselves. I honestly do this too. Like im a big beleiver in every person for themselves. Do everything you want to do and let everyone else do the same. Are feelingagoing to be hurt, of coarse. But hey, im living my life for me and not othera and i assume other people are too, well except the softies and bleeding hearts hahah.

• Because the first person started it.

• It's the fault of the liberals.

• Coz we stopped caring and loving each others and more important our selves we dropped morals

• Thats the world baby 👅

• Because there is no such thing as justice but only power,

• Yes, I like how you put that.

• Yes there are many mean people also here on gag

• it's just how it is.

• Being "Mean" means Rude and Selfish

• umm cuz thats how it should be.. if everyone was nice then the world would have been boring

• So we are mean because it entertains us?

• That's a cruel joke in it self :(

• well thats how i feel

• I think people have just been losing their humanity over the years. I think that people today are just thinking more with their brains than their hearts

• Good point. But I think they are thinking with their desires and selfishness not brains.

What Girls Said 5

• because noone says the opposite
    things seem normal but it is not.
    if you close your eyes to evil and do nothing about it, it will continue like that

• People usually tend to themselves first and usually shut down the people who depend on those people to help them which I kind of find rude though. It's sort of like an arms race to see who's "better" or "superior" in an idea that humanity thought was the best way to solve problems even though that's inhuman

• Because good things happen to bad people.

• They just generally don't care about the harm they cause others. They probably don't even understand the concept of being a civilized individual.

• We lack what makes us human, we become only the skin and bones around us and our soul disappears.

• We are driven by our brains, though. Most of behavior is just based on what you have learned and accepted.

• For a lot of reasons the environment, society, how they're raised etc