Have you ever lost someone from school that was too young?

Thursday morning my whole grade lost a friend thanks to cancer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I knew my best friend from school for almost 15 years. He had a rare genetic disease that caused all sorts of serious misery for him, one of the main things being impaired vision and renal failure from an early age. Despite of having to be hooked up to a dialysis machine 6 times per week, the many pills and hospital visits, he was one of the most positive people I ever had the pleasure of being friends with. At 29 he still had a childlike sense of curiosity, which made his favorite hobby (videogames) very pleasurable for the both of us. We laughed about stupid, manly shit, we remunerated about life, we loved to visit the cinema and listening to music together and we certainly had a lot of fun. He passed away in 2014 because of pretty unexpected complications. It was rough, it still is. Bart, you are missed. I hope they have a lot of videogames wherever you are.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, when I was in high school, 3 of my classmates were murdered. They were shot by a man who was mentally insane and didn't receive the adequate treatment he needed. His sister tried to take care of him but he needed to be in a mental institution, there was just no where that would accept him. Anyway, one day he snapped and killed his sister, his nephew (4 years old), his niece and her two friends (my classmates), and the two friends' parents who were also there. My classmates were 15. I also lost one of my friends several years ago, she was 17 and died in a car accident.

What Guys Said 5

• I can remember one guy back in 2003 who died in a car accident. He studied English with me, but we were young (I think he was 7 when he died).

• I was 9 by the way, but he didn't study with me anymore for some months when the accident happened.

• I was in HS, the 11 yo sister of a female friend died. (that female friend and her parents too died since)

• yes grade 8 i lost a frend in the same grade to a hart attack, it was hell so all of my condolences to you, the rest of his/her friends and family. sorry for your loss. :-(

• Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, around 7th or 8th grade, a good friend
    of mine committed suicide.

• It's always sad when someone young dies of cancer. My deepest condolences

What Girls Said 4

• Yes... A girl named Seema. She looked quite younger than us and was really short heighted.. She was 14-15 year old.

I loved her as a friend. She was always a really cheerful person. When I found out she had an illness, I was very scared and miserable. I prayed for her life. After few months she became really frail... and eventually stopped coming to school. When I asked me, teacher where is she? Whay happened to her and all. Teacher told me, she's not feeling well. Didn't tell me much about it.
    After couple of days, that teacher came into our class room... her eyes bloodshot. Her voice trembled in pain when she told us, Seema passed away. I was shocked, after few minutes when it finally sinked in... I broke down into tears. I really miss her. She was such a kind soul. A really great girl.

• Yes, He got drowned in a lake. It was on the news. :(

• Yeah when i was in high school we lost a girl she died because she burned in her house with her family. That was scary and horrible.

• yes a month ago, a 16 year old girl who was hit by a car 😞