Do your parents get offended when you mention their age?

As far back as I can remember my Mother always made herself several years younger if anyone asked.
When I was 8 she always told people I was 6.
She thinks I'm crazy for saying I'm 29 when I could pass for so much younger.
Anyway , we were talking and I was telling her about a Co worker of mine. I mentioned the Co workers age and said u both are the same age.
Whenever I mention her age in casual conversation it's around her and my dad.
She called me and was angry that I mention her age
In discussion.
Am I missing something?
It's not like I'm broadcasting it to the world.
My dad already knows your age.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, never. In fact, they feel proud that they are still very healthy and especially my mom brags that she still looks very young even after that old age.

A lot of girls and some guys too have this problem. They are suffering from gerascophobia. People should realise the fact that the age is not direct representation of beauty or ingenuity.

"Am I missing something?"
    -Yes, be 'honest' but don't be 'too honest'. If she doesn't like it, don't say it. I mean you'd still stay happy without mentioning this but by doing this, you'd keep her happy too. Such people don't even like to admit one's age to their own shadow.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 6

• Somebody's insecuuuure

Question: Did your mom ever smoke or drink a lot in the past? Does she still do it?

• That is a very personal question.
      Why do you think that would have anything to do with this?

• No they don't care

• No they do not.

• That's what therapy is for

• that is.. a bit weird

• My mother is like that a bit.
    I think she's just insecure and in denial about getting older, it's as simple as that really. Some people are like this, it's no sweat.

What Girls Said 9

• No, my parents don't. They know their age and own up to it. My mom even jokes about it so, it's not a big deal to them. It's interesting that your mother would react that way just because you mention her age around her and your dad (if no one else is in the room). It makes me wonder why it upsets her so much, if there is some underlying reason there.

• Nah my parents are pretty chilled about it. I haven't ever really thought about it offending them before either :/

• Not at all, no. :/ She actually takes pleasure in seeing other people's surprise from knowing it, since she looks very young for her age.

• No, not really. I don't think they really care, to be honest.

• no they don't get offended at all

• Not at all. :)

• No, they don't get angry. :)

• Nope, they don't care

• No, my mom doesn't care. People are always surprised, she looks 10-15 years younger than her real age.