Is that right in English?

Is that right?
She said she needs to go eating
My reply : I need to eat as well, see ya later :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• The comma should be replaced by a period or a semi-colon. No one really cares in informal writing though, so that's alright.

• "I need to go eating" sounds a bit strange to me..

• The only problem I see is that you used "ing" for the verb "eat"

• I've seen people use your reply as well. I don't think it's a huge problem.

What Guys Said 6

• I would say (or she could say) "I'm hungry, I need something to eat" or "I'm hungry lets get something to eat"

I agree with Anonymous (25-29) "English speakers are very flexible though, they will generally know what you mean even if they find your expression unusual"

We're not going to nit pick someone who speaks English as a 2nd language.

• yeah i don't see anything wrong here... even if u made a mistake i don't think she'd judge u LOL

• I know hehe, but I just want to learn :D

• She needs to go eating - this is wrong.

• yeah... but I asked for that : I need to eat as well

• I need to eat as well - this is fine

• your reply was fine but she should've said eat not eating.

• 'I need to go eat', not eating. It would be better form to say the name of the meal. " I need to go have lunch", or "I have to go eat dinner".

English speaker are very flexible though, they will generally know what you mean even if they find your expression unusual or amusing.

• No but the all love BBC.