Would u look after your parents when they're old if they've abused you throughout your childhood?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell to the #motherfucking naw.

My mama made my childhood a living hell via her bitching all day (VERY FUCKING LOUDLY) about everything little thing for no reason at all GRWRRGGRR. I woke up almost every day with an unneeded headache all because of her (I told her that, but she said she didn't care). Even though she was a stay at home mom with next to nothing to do all day long, so why was she bitching then? If ya ask me that sounds like the life since she had nothing but free time on her hands LOL. i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

So I'd be damned if she thinks that I'm going to make her "older years" easy even though she made my younger years harder than what they needed to be for no reason at all.

Basically If it's left up to me she's going to suffer/go through a lot of BS just like I did without a fuck given. Well that is if I have something to say about it so #SheBettaNotAskMeForHelp cuz I hold grudges like bad judges.

Most Helpful Girl

• From the looks of the results people haven't put this question, or their answer into context.

For the people who have been abused, then you already have the context, you can ignore this.

I was abused as a child. In some ways, I still am. I can't go to my home town without looking over my shoulder 'does she know I'm here? What if she finds out I'm here? I want to see my siblings but what if she's home?' It's sad really. Instead of marvelling over how things have changed, my mind is plagued by thoughts of -her-.

But if it came down to it. If she asked, I would come running. As much as I hate to say it, I would come running. She might raise her hand to me again, open her mouth filled with hateful words, and degrade me. But if she told me to stay beside her I would. Because that's what it means to have that choice taken away. To be abused. It's not only physical. It's not only verbal. It's mental.
    If I don't do what she says, no matter that there's no way of it happening, my mind will scream at me that disobeying her will end in pain. Even if doing what she says will only hurt more.

When I lived there, when everything started to boil up, she began having a go at me when she knew I couldn't get away. I was washing the dishes, she was blocking one of two exits. But because of the way the house was made, even if I went the other way, she still blocked the path to my room.
    When my dad defended me for the first time in my memory, she started going between screaming at me and him. I just stood there taking it. It wasn't until my brother nudged me to go outside for a while until things calmed down that it even occurred to me to go. I don't even remember what she was upset about.

If you're afraid of somebody. You will do whatever you can to keep them from getting upset with you. You will run towards them, if it stops them running towards you. Even if they couldn't possibly do so.

An abused mind is a damaged mind. When it comes to your abuser, logic becomes flawed. They hold all the power, even if they have none.

That's why I would care for my parents if they became old or sick. Even though they're part of the reason life is so hard for me. Even if they never did the same for me.

What Guys Said 3

• No, though I guess it would depend on how horribly severe the abuse it. Mostly I'd feel like it's my duty to care for them, no matter what.

• That mother of mine was a kook. BITCHED about everything. She was a stay at home mom. For the life of me I can't figure out what made her life suck so bad she was always in a bad mood. My sister could do no wrong. I was her verbal whipping boy.
    I didn't talk to her for 20 years. I heard she died. Oh well, maybe now she's out of her misery?

• I'm not that saintly. I would have to make arrangements for others to take care of them.

What Girls Said 8

• If they abused me? No definitely not. You get what you give!

• Heck no, I've been abused and ain't as hell giving that man another chance to come in my life and f*ck it up again. He walked out at a time of need so at his time of need, he can care for himself.

So I wouldn't. I'm not a you get what you give kinda person but I ain't forgiving someone who would abuse... In fact even if it was the last thing on earth to do, I wouldn't do it

• If they abused me as a kid? Hell no... they can wither and fuckin die on the street for all I care...

• No how much shit I got because of my parents I could never abandoned them

• Assuming there has never been an apology and we haven't talked about it, no.

• Hell no, I was abused for 13 years. Fuck that bitch!!

• Absolutely not! If that were the case, they could starve to death for all that I cared.

• No, I wouldn't.