Does silence make you feel dizzy or is it just me?

I listen to music 24/7…. xept my sleepin hrs of course…only moment I choose silence instead of music’s when I go to sleep for obvious reasons…silence will make me feel dizzy so I’ll fall asleep easier when in bed. Even when I wanna concentrate on some work I’ve gotta do I need music…. and not just “background”music but LOUD music (“club-level” or so)

I can tolerate 1-2….5 mins of silence or so…but 10 mins of silence or more might make me feel dizzy and start feelin uncomfortable/unwell. Like someone’s choking me :|

Does anybody feels da same way? Or is it just me?

• u weirdo
  • no it happens to me as well

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't live even a fucking 0.1 milliseconds quit... I always listen to music... Or call friends at home to a hard bass party... I always want someone with me to talk... I have a friend's gang! I hate silence. If I'll be alone or quit for 10 minutes, I'll die! Right now I am with a hot chick! LOL

What Girls Said 5

• Silence does not make me feel dizzy, but I VERY much prefer to have some music on most of the time.
    Oh, now that I think about it, the thing that does happen is if I have to go somewhere outside or ride in a bus/car/whatever by myself and I forget my earphones or smth, resulting in me not being able to listen to music... that's when I get kind of sick and sad and uneasy, cause I'm soooo used to it and it's so boring without music.
    Anyways, I don't think you're a weirdo, you just have a very deep love for music, and it's understandable!

• I don't feel dizzy when there's silence. Silence is good sometimes.
    I feel bad when I listen to music for a long period of time. My head hurts.
    So, I think it's just you.

• i listen to music loudly 24/7 and my head's fine o_O

• still never had my head hurt... actually my head hurts if i talk on da phone for more than 5 mins... weird?

• No, it's not weird.

• i think its just you lol

• Silence keeps me awake. Noise makes me tired.

• I live for those silent moments. lol hahahaaha

What Guys Said 5

• I get uncomfortable if I realize that I'm sitting in a dark room eating a poptart answering GAG questions in complete silence. I don't get dizzy though, just fidgety. Often times I don't really even notice and then I'll be completely fine.
    However, I get the same way when I want to get something to drink but can't find the motivation to get up (I'm lazy when I can be haha). It's the subconscious feeling of wanting something creating motivation and triggering an anxious sort of feel.

And maybe it is because I do instruments and I'm a bit weird, but I am super paranoid about loud music. I am always scared that I won't have my hearing when I grow older so I put limits on all my music players (cars, computer, phone) and then tell myself "Ehh my ears will adjust."
    I'm "that guy" that wishes he brought ear protection to a rock concert xD

• thought u'd like loud music tbh LOL

• still didn't get any hearin probs after all those years... so shall i consider myself lucky? :|

• You're fine. I'm just paranoid 😅

• I am not as bad as you but sometimes I go "ah it is quiet must fill void, will even talk to myself to create sound"

• Maybe it's because your equilibrium organ is in your ear, and it may have got used to those vibrations of the music.
    So when you switch the music off, the feeling dizzy may be the consequence of adaptation to the new situation :-)

• unless i can hear my heartbeat, no it doesn't make me feel dizzy

• Nope silence is nice.