Hulk Hogan got fired for saying the N word in private. Is his termination was justified?

• Yes, its justified - You should never use racist terms, even in private
  • No - This was said in private conversation and his privacy should be respected
  • I just want to see the results
There is a huge gender disparity here

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, it's justified. Racism isn't acceptable, even if it's in private. Though I do think his privacy should have been respected and whoever was invading that (I haven't read the story, so I'm not sure if this was someone snooping on his conversations) should face consequences for invading his privacy, but he should still face consequences for racism.

• So I assume you have never said a racist term in your life?

• @Asker Sure, we agree to disagree. For what it's worth, I'm not particularly pleased about living in a world that has too many people like you for my liking, but unfortunately that's something we all have to deal with. You can believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want, but we're not going to agree on this.

@Xlink As I said, I don't think that that word is appropriate for anyone to use considering it's history. Whether they're white or black makes no difference to me.

• @FakeName123 As I said to OP, it's best that we agree to disagree on this. So yeah, I'd really prefer that you did stop arguing because it's pretty irritating by this point.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all its not "the n word", he said n**. And I think anyone can say it anytime and anywhere they want. I also think the Confederate battle flag should be put up wherever people want it. It's a part of history and has nothing to do with hate or race

What Girls Said 2

• people should be able to say what they want to say in private

• No, it's not justified. I hate living in this politically correct society. Some black girl who was a well known bully called me a cracker so in return I called her a n*gger. And guess what? That bitch never bullied me again. That wasn't the only time she said something to me by the way. Before that she somehow got my cellphone and kept calling me at all hours, I think one of my "friends" gave her my number.

What Guys Said 13

• No because America always says freedom of speech then things like these happen and its not just this case but others as well and he gets fired and they won't even put him in the wwe hall of fame. I understand its private property and everything, but I just find it funny how if it were a Asian person, black, African, Hispanic, whatever making a racist comment on private property in this case being the wwe towards a white person the media wouldn't even give a crap and they would never face any punishment for it. There was this guy making fun of transgenders this one time from the UFC and he had to pay a huge fine for it and got suspended for a year and this guy from Cuba recently also from the UFC makes fun of gays and he gets nothing for it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZybaBFjNEjQ
    www.mmafighting.com/.../ufc-suspends-matt-mitrione-for-remarks-on-transgendered-fighter

• It's not about privacy, nor is it about morals or about him at all. It's bad for business to be associated with a racist, it's that simple. Businesses don't make decisions based on what's right ethically, they make decisions based on what's right for their profit margins. I'm sure they were much more annoyed that he was caught being racist than they care that he actually is racist.

• In other words, he's a public persona. His image is everything, and he ruined it. It's totally justified.

• Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. Waaah go cry somewhere else. Get a life. I can say what I want in private. To disagree is a form of slavery. Why? Having to watch what one says is a form of control. Slavery is control, ownership. F--king hypocrites.

• The term is purely racist. But when one group can use it... all people should be able to use it, or none at all! He shouldn't have been fired.

• Damn smh I thought he was cool but...
    http://m.imgur.com/gtFEiUh

• He is cool he said booker t called him. A nigga first. And little Wayne said to him as well

• That's not the real part that is getting him fired though @Xlink that just drew attention to him.
      the part that's getting him fired is for what he said/called dwayne Johnson.

• not for saying it back in the day and in a context where he was stating who was calling him it and such

but using it against Dwayne Johnson... yeah he deserves to be terminated

• Hehheh... Hooooo boy... Fuckin' A.

• No, he's actually secretly black and nobody know it, so he's entitled to use it.

• The firing was justified because his words are now out there. I disagree with "You should never use racist terms, even in private," because that's policing people's thoughts and is a very fascist thing to do. Everyone should be allowed to think whatever hateful thoughts they want as long as they don't act illegally on it.

The reason the firing is justified is because however unfairly and possibly illegally the video was made public, the fact is that the video IS public now and the WWE has a right to protect its own image.

• I could care less. He's a fake just like his wrestling. At least don't act like you aren't racist be honest about it like the klan and skin heads.

• Since his comments have nothing to do with his ability to perform in the squared ring, I would say no - it's not justified.

I'm not as much of a Hulk Hogan fan as I used to be, but I understand where Hulk Hogan is coming from. Why are blacks allowed to say n**, but whites are not? It doesn't make sense. If anything, it makes blacks more hypocrites than anything else. I'm sure not all blacks are like this. But those that are need to check themselves in a mirror before they speak. Blacks - ask yourselves, would your mama or grandmama be proud of you using that kind of language? I bet not.

• Are they going to fire everyone who says it? or just the white guy?

• Just the white guy. No other race. only we hurt them with word apparently

• Actually the guy who fired him said it on live TV, so I guess he can't fire himself

• If you're going to get fired for something you say off the clock then they should pay you for that time!