Do you feel sorry for animals and insects when they get killed?

I'm just curious what you have to say about this. I think most people are selective about what they care about and what they don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always pity them but I kill them anyway. If nothing killed the raccoons around here we'd be up to our elbows in them in a decade. By all means pity but do what you have to do to keep the balance.

What Guys Said 6

• If it is humans being cruel to the animal for no good reason (like that kitten kicking video that people tracked back on 4chan awhile back) I feel bad for the animal. That is abusing your power and dominion over the animals.

Food? No.
    Nature's circle of life? No.
    Self defense? No.

That doesn't mean I find pleasure necessarily in killing animals, but if you respect the animal as you do it, I don't feel bad and I don't feel I did anything wrong.

• It depends on the reason. If it's for food, no. If it's because they invade your area (like an insect that gets in your house for example), no.
    If it's for fun, yeah.

• I care about animals being killed, similar to how I would feel for a human but insects, not as much except for bees, because they're pretty damn important

• Yeah I do unless it's threatening someone

• I never feel bad for insects but I feel bad for some animals when they die

• Not for insects, nor for spiders. Especially not mosquitoes.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I'm against animal abuse/killing animals. I hate that they kill animals to just eat them or sell their meat. I don't judge the people who eat meat, it's their choice, but I have everything against those people who kill or/and abuse animals. Also people which kill animals for fun- rhinos, giraffes, elephants etc- just to say they're "hardcore" are the worst. Most people don't share my opinion, heck some of them told me that "pigs were born to be killed", but it's just an opinion and I obviously can't change the world. I think that people are selfish just cause they think that animals were born "to be eaten" or to serve them somehow. And I think that animals are better than people cause look at all the violence and crimes that goes on in daily life. Animals might not be as intelligent as us, but they sure aren't the worst creatures.

• I horribly feel sorry for animals that live miserable lives, and suffer miserables deaths. I don't feel sorry for a happy animals, who get a quick and pain free deaths.

Insects I dont' give a shit about.

• Insects like ants? No. They have no emotions. And there's a lot of them. Anything endangered, it makes me cringe when I hear about it. Animals like deer, cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys etc., no.