I am being blackmailed by someone from another country. ADVICE?

there is this guy i have been talking to for a few years. we used to live in the same state but we had hours in between driving distance and all. we never met up and i didn't really plan to, (THANK GOD), but recently things have been spiraling out of control. he moved to another country (not going to specify why or where), but it is some ways away. (keep in mind i am currently 15 and he is older, sadly, yes, i did lie about my age). we flirted here and there and he did really like me at some points but we never did anything about it. i did send nude photos of myself, i don't think my face were in any of them thankfully, but i am very nervous and anxious that he may do something with them. recently I've been in a depressed state of mood, usually when I'm alone and have no one to talk to, so I was talking to him about some of my problems. he said for me to get to know one of his friends because he thinks his friend would help, so i did. he added all of us in a group conversation a few days ago and for some reason to him, i came off "rude" and he got really embarrassed and angry at me. his friend and i were really confused why he was so mad. he then threatened to "ruin my life" and kept cursing at me saying "you are so f*cked", and its really starting to scare me. as of right now, i do have another boyfriend whom I've had for awhile, i wasn't flirting with the guy who threatened me while i was with my boyfriend, but i did consider us friends. i told my boyfriend about the whole situation just in case this guy were to go to him and lie about me or whatever, and my boyfriend is on my side. i told a close friend of mine too who is helping me but i still feel threatened and scared. i'm worried and i don't know if i should go to the cops or not. i mean what could they do? this guy lives in another country. not only that, but this guy really does have child porn on his phone basically (which he doesn't know of since he thinks I'm "of age"), but i just dont know what to do :(

• GO TO POLICE
  • LET IT PASS THROUGH WITH TIME

Most Helpful Guy

• I would totaly report him as having child porn man. He would be wayyyy worse off than anything he could ever do to you. Child porn laws are insane and he would never ever get a pardon or pass for his crimes. Also, prisoners love to fuck up child porn criminals in prison lol. Even if he deleted them they can still trace them right from the mobile provider. At the very least he would be pointed out in local public media to warn locals of his actions and presance. He wouldn't ever be allowed near schools, pools, public anywhere really. Id fuck his life up just for the hell of it because he's an asshole and will certainly do it again to someone else

Most Helpful Girl

• I recommend telling the guy that you are underage and lied. The reason is, that not only could he get in trouble for being in possession of child porn, but you could also get in trouble. I had an acquaintance in high school who sent some nudes to her boyfriend at 16. He sent them around after they broke up and both of them were called into the police station and charged with creation/distribution. If at all possible, I would try to come to a peaceful resolution with this guy. I bet he doesn't want to get in trouble either.

• Finally someone educated! I was starting to think everyone who replied to this were complete morons...

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think there's anything the police could do as no actual crime has been committed yet, and he is not living in the country.
    The best thing you could do is just sever your contact with him altogether.
    If none of the pictures of your body has your face in them, you shouldn't have anything to worry about... You can chalk it up as a lesson learned.

• Police "nab" child porn distributors out of country all the time. Its the most pursued crime in north america with like the worst consiquences to live with. And child porn is a crime so an "actual crime" has been commited. My advice to you is to seek legal council before commiting anything that you are unsure of as it seems you might get yourself into a mess due to your ignorance

• If you ate so certain, go to the police, say you are in posession of child porn and ask if that is illigal. Case proven, it will not end well and they will say its a crime. Just like its a crime to posses cocane. So you're the fuckin idiot actually

• Give it a rest dude... It's fucktards like you that make web sites like this asinine.

• The truth is no one can do anything. Depending on what country then possession of child porn may not apply but you can Google it. And revenge porn does happen. At the same time it sounds like he's just throwing a hissy fit. Don't talk to him ever again, obviously. I'm sorry this happened to you.

• It depends, Would you be willing to ruin this man life over name calling, hollow threats, and just because you don't know what he is going to do and you're scared. I'm not trying to be rude but This should not be handled in the hands of 15 year old, talk to your family about it. Second off you told him you were of legal age for some reason, statutory rape laws are through the roof these days but as of right now he thinks you're of or over the legal age so he can't be tried for a crime he didn't have knowledge of. I do hope you get threw this

• Why ask he's saying he'll ruin your life just do it

• Well obviously the guy is a sleazebag and full of s***. I'd recommend going to the police, but if he's in another country it might be difficult for them to do much. Either way, I don't think you should worry too much he sounds like a crackpot.

• Well if you were 15 when you sent them and he's got them then he's in a lot of trouble.

• You never once said how he was blackmailing you...

• Paragraphs were invented for a reason!

• They can't really nab him for child porn. He's completely innocent bc as far as he's concerned you're legal age. You lied. If you didn't then you could. He possesses child porn but you distributed it. You're both wrong. Shouldn't have sent them.

• Doesn't matter if she lied. Look at akon for example. Went to a bar that was 18 and older club only. You need ID to get in past security. Under age girl got in and performed under age sex acts with him and he got fucked over big time and charched by the parents for statutory rape. Go educate yourself before trying to give legal advice...

• But this isn't statutory rape now is it?
      How is that legal advice?

• Doesn't change the fact that they're both wrong. She's distributing child porn. She'd be a bitch if she lied just for fun then went and fucked this man's life. Your friends seeing you naked is nowhere on the same level as sending someone to jail just because you were bored

• shouldna sent nudes ;)

What Girls Said 3

• LET THAT BE A lesson for you•••••!!! Don't send nudes pictures to anyone... And just let it pass by!! Forget about it and its your fault for sending that pictures...

• Well said now she is scared but when she sent them she wasn't. Come on learn girl don't do it EVER AGAIN.

• I've been in your situation. I know what that is like.. If you need someone to talk to. I'm here.

• Tell him you're underage and if he tries ruining your life his life is ruined also. Then ignore him block him from everything and make any instamedia account you have private so he won't be able to message your friends or family memebers.