Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Or are they just randomized events?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to but not anymore well not at least in the way the cliche is used.

I grew up very religiously so as you could imagine I heard things about; it happened for a reason, gods will, destiny.. etc

After a series of events negative most of which could've probably been avoided/prevented. My mindset has changed a little.

Like I didn't loose someone in my life for no reason. There were actions that had negative consequences.

I didn't almost get raped for no reason, there were certain conditions that I put myself under thus I was at a higher risk and I knew that "unpopular opinion, I went there"

I've just come to terms with accepting that some things that happened were not destiny or predetermined but direct correlation to things I did.
    Which makes me responsible

The only thing I consider randomized with reasons we can't always understand are things like race, racism , gender, sexuality, the family you were born into-culture, disability, death

Even still if you were given randomized unfavorable circumstances you still have control over the future outcom for the most part

What Girls Said 3

• If everything happens for a reason that means everything is predetermined and that would make life pointless.
    Nothing is predetermined and nothing happens because it's "supposed to happen" they JUST HAPPEN

• Nothing happens for a reason!!!

• I believe some things happen for a reason.

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing is random. There is only things that happen that we don't understand what causes it to happen.

If we could see and understand the cause and effect of everything then we would also understand that there is nothing random, just cause and effect.

• In my opinion whether you have faith in destiny or are purely a scientific person. events happen due to something else like the man before me said, "There's no greater "reason" or "meaning" behind events, it's just cause and effect."

• There's no greater "reason" or "meaning" behind events, it's just cause and effect.

• You mean 'happens for a reason' as in takes account of human desires and sensibilities. No.

You mean happens for a reason as in has a traceable cause, not really.

Dividing phenomena into cause and effect is a bad model, it leads to paradoxes.