Women (especially) and Men over 30 , did you have to change your clothing style once you turned that age?

I just turned 29 (2 months ago).
But ever since nearing my mid twenties I've become obsessed over the age of 30.
I don't look forward to it and constantly dwell that i'll be that age.
I look very youthful figure and dress in ways that will show it off.
I have a small , tiny, body and can get away with wearing a lot of things.
I have been reading online about women telling other women
what's NO LONGER acceptable
to wear at that age.
Will I have to change my style once I turn 30 (to be more age appropriate)?
I don't feel like I should have to conform to society because I'm a certain age (especially if I look great).
I guess you can say I have mixed feelings.

I meant I have a very youthful figure ****
People in their early-mid twenties can answer too and provide a input.
I'd really love to hear from every one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no! Haha!
    I didn't care what people thought of me when I was in my teens, or in my twenties, especially not in my thirties! I mean I still wear jeans and tshirts. I refuse to wear skinny jeans. I like my pants baggy. Not like eighty sizes too big hanging around my ass, but not skin tight. Those guys look like they're wearing their girlfriends or sisters pants. That's just my opinion.
    So you wear whatever makes you happy! Bring 30, who the hell do you need to impress anyway?

• I have constant admirers now.

I'd hate to be an old woman trying to look young.

But then again 30 is still pretty vibrant.
      I think I'll wean myself towards a more mature style gradually as I near mid thirties.
      I still could pass for younger and I have a body better than some teens/early twenties.

• No, if you think you look good in that outfit, rock that shit! Hell my mom and and sister borrowed each other's clothes and my mom is over 50. They fit and she looks good so... no reason you have to change yourself for anyone or any reason 😉

• Thanks for MHO! 😊

What Guys Said 9

• Whatever looks good on you looks good. There are some people who will tell you that something is not appropriate for people your age (whatever it is at the time). But screw them. They are hung up on age as some magic thing that determines what you should like and who you should be. Certainly you should mature with age. But that does not mean everything you like suddenly has to change.

• I'm not 30 yet but getting close. I don't think I will change my clothing style. I might have to maintain a professional section of my wardrobe, but for the most part, I see myself continuing to wear shirts of bands and other stuff I like, such as Star Wars, cars, or Transformers. I think it's ultimately up to you.

• I remember being perturbed by turning up to my 29th birthday but funnily by my 30th I had forgotten all about it then my 40th I hardly noticed - Style wise I am lucky I have that ageless casual style anyone can wear

• You can still find elegant things to wear that easily display your figure. At the end of the day I'll just end up wearing what I like not what's expected of my age :P

• So long as you stay petite, no, you don't have to make any sudden changes. Don't worry!

• Nah, my girlfriend is 30 and she still rocks chucks. Wear whatever the hell you want. As long as you have the confidence to pull it off, you can basically get away with anything.

• I havn't changed much at all. I've got friends in their 40's and 50's who dress how ever they feel like as well. No one cares.

• I never had a clothing style. My answer is no

• no. there are no rules, i wear what i want.

What Girls Said 3

• Look up "Hyori Lee." She is 36 years old.

If you still got it, I don't see what's wrong with keeping your current style. At 29, I dreaded turning 30 too, but it turned out to be one of the greatest years for me so far. I actually dress more girly now.

The only thing that changed for me is doing more upkeep on the health end.

• just wear whatever you feel comfortable really :)
    age is just a number.

• It happens more gradually in your late 20s as you start hanging out in different places, from what I've seen. "Going out" starts to dwindle as everyone has families.

• I had a baby at 22. But yea I get what u mean n r way

• The more babies in your peer group, the harder schedules get! :). Great job on staying fit!

• Thanks :)