Why am I so nervous and tense?

I'm trying to learn to drive, already took the 30 hour class and aced the written test but now I have to do the 8 hour driving part and today was my first 2 hours, and I was so nervous and tense.

i had trouble staying in the right lane of a 2 lane divided highway, I kept forgetting basic things and doing stupid things like waiting to long to make a turn, and I was pressing down on gas too strong at times.

why is this such an issue with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• You will get better and relaxed with time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you ride a bicycle or a motorcycle before? It should help you overcome some of your fears.
    If you can't, then try asking your teacher to go to a wide field where there's zero traffic and no obstacles at all and get used to the car by yourself without the interference of anyone. Not being watched should make you feel more comfortable. If you can't ask him for that, then try stealing your mother's car and go to whatever safe place you want. I did that once when i was learning lol :D

What Girls Said 1

• Driving just doesn't come naturally to some people, I know it doesn't to me. It's scary being on the road when you're learning, and you're being observed, so naturally it's stressful. But stick with it, and you'll become more confident over time

What Guys Said 2

• It's normal to be nervous and to make mistakes in the beginning. Think that if you get nervous your chances of not getting your license will be bigger, so just relax, try to remember everything and enjoy driving!

• You suck at driving and you aren't confident yet