I'm about to graduate with a Molecular Biology degree, but I don't know what to do once I'm done?

Should I go to grad school or start an undergraduate degree in engineering? Or find a job? I just can't imagine life without school. It's what I'm good at. I don't want to wake up every day to a stupid job I hate. But I feel like any job is a job, which is an obligation, and I hate it when I HAVE to do something. I think I want to get involved with the great biotechnological advancements the future might bring, but that would mean getting an other undergraduate degree. I'm not passionate enough about one single thing to start a business, which is the only way I wouldn't have a boss to answer to. School is also expensive. I don't have debt yet... but I would if I took on another undergrad degree. Graduate school is free on the other hand. But I haven't taken the GRE yet, and I need to by December. I'm not prepared. My GPA is pretty good, a 3.98. But I'll only have a year of lab experience before grad school. I don't think I'd get in anywhere worthwhile. I'm also graduating a year early because there's nothing left for me to take. I'm interested in so many things, I don't think I can narrow it down to a single graduate concentration.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever works for you. Not sure about the engineering undergraduate. After engineering undergrad I was drained and sick of school. Many of my classmates felt the same way. In my major historically only about 1 in 12 decide to immediately go for masters after undergrad. If you pick engineering do expect some difficult courses. You are bright and may do very well in engineering but expect to sweat a little bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a graduate degree and work as a research scientist or apply to medical school / nursing school.

What Guys Said 4

• Go on to do a higher degree. I plan on doing bachelors, starting this year, masters after that, doctorate next. All assuming I'm good enough!!

Work on the belief that knowledge is king. Go as far as you can, as high as you can.

• Take your GRE and go to grad school. In either your major of undergrad or something you are interested in. If you like computer programming that is not a bad grad degree to have coupled with your undergrad. Where is your dream place to work?

• Good job majoring in something so saturated you need a PhD to go anywhere basically.
    I always tell people to think about their future when deciding a major.

• If she would have just gone biochem her chances would be better.

• Take the MCAT and go to medical school if you just want more education.

What Girls Said 0