What would you do if your spouse wanted to name your child that?

If it's a girl:

Malaysia Okinawa Washboard

If it's a boy:

Chad Jamal Texas

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl's name wouldn't be allowed in my country. European countries tend to have much stricter naming laws than America does. You can't just name your child some bullshit such as "washboard". You're also not allowed to name your child in any way that could later harm it emotionally or physically (for example by getting bullied). And you're also not allowed to use the name of your child to state certain personal convictions (so for example you're not allowed to name it "Hitler". I think in Germany you're not even allowed to name it "Adolf" but I'm not sure if that law is still in place.
    So in the first case, I would just laugh. Though I have to say I actually like Okinawa as a name. Especially since my children will be half east Asian.
    As for the boy's name... there's nothing morally wrong with it, I just don't like it. Jamal sounds like some Indian tech guy. Texas sounds like the nickname of an American porn star. So I'd simply convince my spouse otherwise.

• But how is it their business what we name our kids?

• way, a parent condones or even actively desires this bullying (which constitutes harming the child).

• Well, I was worried that you think children are weak ass motherfuckers. But you have many points there

Most Helpful Girl

• -yikes-
    We would really have to tall about this

I wouldn't let him scar our kids for life with that ratchet name
    It's like their limbs were severed from. the beginning.

Plus, I'd like to think I have the most say in their names since I went through nine months of pregnancy and a lengthy labor.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah that's not happening lol we both have to agree on a name that we like.

• "Go back to sleep honey, you're high on morphine..."

• nice i like it

What Girls Said 5

• I'd tell them that we both had to agree on what our child's name would be and that I wasn't cool with naming our children that. Even Chad, which is the most likely one I'd allow, isn't a name that I like that much.

• I would say "nope".

• No, just no

• Not gonna happen.
    We would have to have a talk.

Maybe he gets to name the first name, and I get name the last.

Or he gets both first and middle and I get last.

Whatever it is, I get to pick one that I like.

• Lol for the girl name no I just don't like it washboard lol come on she be made fun of and the boy name I kinda like it I like the Texas part of it sounds cool to be name Texas that lives in Texas.