Did I do the wrong thing by putting my arm under the police man for the photo?

I was getting a photo with a policeman and I went to put my arm around his back chest when you usually take a photo with someone, he put his hand on my shoulder and seemed to have gotten nervous and said 'that was quick, do you need another photo?'

Most Helpful Guy

• Uh, yeah. That is awfully close to his waist and equipment belt. He doesn't know who you are. For all he knows you might have tried to take his gun, taser, oc spray, etc.

• Ditto this.

You broke the #1 rule, don't touch them!

• Yeah, a lot of cops have sort of personal rules of not letting anyone touch them on duty. Even if he isn't like that, that is still probably the worst place you could put your hand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Might not have been allowed to touch him.

What Guys Said 6

• Whoa dude, how'd you even get that close? I'd have been shot from a mile away!

• Haha, as an x-cop, I know for sure that he liked it... yes, he got nervous because a gorgeous girl had her arms around him... but he liked it otherwise he wouldn't have asked if you needed another photo..

• You must be super white for that cop to not tazor the living day lights out of you for touching him.

• Wait please explain. Do you think if I weren't white, it might have been a different story? Have you encountered this before?

• Yeah it would matter if you weren't white. Watch the news for 5 minutes and see how many unarmed black people are getting murdered by the police.

• Maybe he was just shy?

• what wrong thing?

• You screwed up by talking to a cop

What Girls Said 0