What film really scared you as a child?

Share please?

I regret asking this scary ass question this late at night lol. Hope I can sleep well
For me, it would be movies like
Halloween (not including the remake)
Friday the 13th (not including remake)
Nightmare/Elm Street (including remake)
Poltergeist
Carrie
Stephen Kings "It"
Goosebumps
... Not sure what else

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a movie, but the show Courage the Cowardly Dog freaked me out so much as a kid! I'd have nightmares.

Some of the scenes in princess movies scared me too, but to a lesser extent, like when the sand in Aladdin turns into a giant sand monster thing, and when the Beast in Beauty and the Beast is first introduced.

• I love Courage! Scariest episode though is where that zombie looking thing screams something like "Return the Slav"... My favorite episode is the snowman singing! And he had snowballs lol!!!

• Aladdin also scared me with the Tiger pyramid thing in the desert. Little Mermaid scared me when Ursula turned big. I refuse to watch that at night. The beast always creeped me out lol. Thats not a Disney fave of mine

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol the movie "IT" had me scared for a longtime.

• Lol thats my #1 "scared me to death" movie!

• Talkin bou they got into some poison ivy and all haha

• Thanks for the MHO man!

What Girls Said 18

• The Ring! lol

• Bettlejuice, I could not see that movie on my own! Also The Ring scarred me and made me throw any vcr cassettes that had no names on it -.-

• Hahahhaah Beetlejuice the cartoon was funny, but yea the realistic movie creeped me out! I love that Shake Sinora song on there though. I never watched The Ring so now you got me scared to pop in another unlabeled cassette tape haha

• Omg beatlejuice terrified me!!

• Beetlejuice freaked me out as a kid.
    I like the movie now lol.

• I still hate the movie. I just like the Shake Sinora song. I like the cartoon though

• I've never seen the cartoon lol. I'll check it out.

• The Eye

😛

• It by Stephen king

• The Ring lol

• Saw... I wish I hadn't watched to that young... lol

• Insidious

The first one

• Still refuse to watch any of those. My class forced me to watch one of the Paranormal Activities. Never again

• The Paranormal activity movies were nothing. Insidious was way scarier. I had to move my bed into my parents room and I slept there for a month.

• I just can't handle either lol

• 0|0
    • Lol this must be the old version, because the newer version with Camilla Bell wasn't really scary at all

• I am legend

• Lol yea those cannibal things creeped me out too! If you think thats bad, watch The Descent Part 1... Its cannibals are WORSE

• The movie Pinocchio
    Like all kids go to that park to have fun, and then suddenly all of them turn into donkeys, I found that disturbing

• Lmao! I promise I was just thinkin about that! I have that on DVD and that part also scares me hahahaa

• That friend of him turns before his eyes,
      He freaks out, then he makes those donkey noises

And then those big scary men with their whips... Ugh no :(

• Hahaahahhaa

• Jumanji gave me nightmare for years.

• I don't know why it scared me so bad, I saw it af somebod's house when it fist came out and also that other movie with a board game, the one in space. I've always jaf trouble with nightmares, but that was ridiculous :P

• I admit, Zathura creeped me out with those aliens haha

• Do you get scared easily? :p

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not the original).

• All the Texas Chainsaws scared me! I prefer the House of Wax remake!

• The Scream Trilogy

• Lol that did scare me a bit, but the Wayan Bros and Scary Movie helped me to get over that fear and just laugh it off. All the other Screams after The first were disappointing. I could no longer take it seriously

• mirrors did.

• Stephen King's "It". So basically it's about a demon that can take the form of whatever it wants to consume children. So it decided to take the form of a clown to attract kids. It was terrifying.

• Lol I was literally gonna name this! This is why I hate the circus now

• I hate the circus too!

• Watership down scared me so much

• Lol never seen that. Brief details please?

• * the way it's done

• Crazy rabbits? Oh heck no! My cousin had a white rabbit and I always freaked out when it went under the house because of the way the eyes glowed red lol

What Guys Said 13

• Child's Play. It still freaks me the hell out. LOL

static.rogerebert.com/.../...STH4jCQemyhPOHbZn.jpg

• Ahhhh no pictures please!!! I hated this guy! Only movies I can watch is the HOrror comedy ones like where he goes to the military base, when he gets his bride, or when he has his son. Hate the others

• I know, right? I seriously have a little fear of dolls as a result of these films. LOL

• Jaws or the original Halloween. I saw Jaws when I was 6 and Halloween at 7. Had a lot of trouble going to sleep for a few years there...

• Lol Jaws never got to me. Deep Blue Sea did! Especially how that shark took down Samuel L Jackson lol. Halloween has always scared me. Halloween, Freddy, Jason and all the sequels. The remakes are horrible though. Freddy was the only remake that was scary. Freddy vs Jason and Jason Goes to Space were hilarious though!!!

• Yeah those were definitely more comedy than horror.

• I prefer the horror-comedy lol! Ever seen Dale & Tucker vs Evil? HILARIOUS

• Tales of they crypt of Chucky

• I saw The Exorcist when I was a kid. Quite scary indeed.

• The Ring. Still scares the shit out of me!

• ET. That thing was so ugly I couldn't look at it lol.

• This is gonna sound really weird but the movie Congo gave me the most horrible nightmares as a kid hahaha

The classic horror Fire in the Sky gave me loads of alien abduction nightmares as a kid too.. haha

• Lol I dont know either of those haha. One that creeped me out was Sleepwalkers yucky! And the Fly!!!

• The Thing used to freak me out as a kid.

Also it's not a film, but Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds used to scare the shit out of me as a child, as well, since my dad used to play that soundtrack. I doubt anyone here even knows what I'm talking about.

• Lol I still haven't seen The Thing or its remake. War of the Worlds remake with Tom Cruise wasn't as scary though

• The one that comes to mind is The Omen

• Lol I hated Damien! I actually like the Omen sequels where he grew up and joined the military and all that. It was less scary

• Nothing comes to mind really. But I was told off that jaw wasn't for kids when I was 5 years old but still continued to watch it on vhs

• Lol it didn't scare me though. I love shark movies. Deep Blue Sea kinda got me though

• the only one I can remember really freaking me out was the original Jeepers Creeper movie. I had nightmares for days

• Yesssss!!! Thats the second movie that scared the crap out of me after Stephen Kings "It"

• Scoobydo on Zombie Island

• Lol Im not sure if I remember this one, but I was scared of the one with those rockstar chicks. Vampires I think?

• o yea I remember that one but I forget the name I think it was in Austraila. by the time I saw that one I had seen so many scoobydo episodes that I rather enjoyed it.

• Oh wait I do remember Zombie island now! Scared the bejeevers out if me!!

• Lol Saw II SCARED me but I still rewatch it :) I could never get into the first Saw