Custom made candies...Does this look like a cool idea?

Custom made candies...Does this look like a good business idea?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1543209649/cloud9sweets-custom-candies

• Yes it does
  • No it doesn't
  • I didn't look/other

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks like a great idea. But, I was not a fan of the commercial. The voice actor was great. But the visual content was lacking, the ice cream looked half melted and the chocolates looked a dime a dozen. The owner should spend more money in the commercial and really sell the product.

• Ugh, I know, even a student like me could make one better. They should hire a local at student or something, the bad ad is such a shame...

• Really well 😍 thank you.

• An electrical engineer chocolatier :) Good to hear things are going well.

What Girls Said 19

• Yeah, it seems pretty cool. I love candy, especially chocolates, so being able to customize seems like awesome idea.

• it wouldn't work... sorry it just wouldn't. I work for a business which customises everything including sweets and there is just no call for it... maybe for weddings but that would be it...

• yeah, i think it looks pretty cool. it'd be fun to design your own candy especially for parties or events

• Yes! And other desserts too 😁

• That's something that already exists, to be honest.

• Where?

• Chocolatiers tend to make more than just chocolates.

• Yes. I make ice cream, caramel, fondant, cakes, pies, truffles, a lot. But I wanted to focus mostly on the chocolate because there's a lot of places that do the other stuff.

• I mean, it's not a bad idea. But I wouldn't donate to it and I wouldn't order it.

• It was boring and the candy itself seems boring too.. It's a not good idea.

• They candy will get better. We're going for all natural. So they dyes aren't the best yet. If we didn't use all natural they'd be much more vibrant colors. We'll at some point get like that, just all naturally.

• Yo... that is soooo cool! A guy that can cook is pretty cool too! Good job then!

• I've always loved cooking. Especially desserts.

• ... it's an idea... just not an original or life changing one...
    Just another business.

• Lol just based on the picture at the beginning of the video, I knew they were based in Colorado.

• The commercial was not bad. The voice actor was great and the logo design was pretty good.

The thing that made this idea a dud, is that there's nothing making me want to buy these chocolates.

Specifically, I think you need better pictures, and a little bit more info about these chocolates in the commercial.

What makes your chocolates any different from the ones I see in stores already? What makes it stand out?

Yeah yeah I get that the consumer can personalize it, etc, but M&M's has that option as well.

I don't want you to think I'm condescending, I truly want your business to succeed. I love seeing new entrepreneurs with their ideas.

• Thank you. That's the type of help I'm looking for :)

• No prob. Another thing is, with the video, the resolution is not good. I felt myself squinting a little just to see the main commercial. Try to fix that.

• The commercial needs better aesthetics. The ice cream looked liked blobs of melted marshmallow. The chocolates, while okay in design, were messy around the edges. I'd put the prettier chocolates at the front of the commercial. The blocks of chocolate could be displayed better.

Maybe put in some mention of taste test results.

• Love the idea! ^^

Thought cloud 9 makes me think of the NW LCS team. :D

• it could be if you know your market

• What exactly makes it different from other chocolates?

• Yeah it does

• I think the idea is cool, but the advertising sucks

• No. It looks ugly.

• Awesome idea. Just do it! 👌

• I really like the idea. Just try to put some better pictures in the video because people are generally very visually.
    A tip from a marketing student :)

• Yeah it does.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah looks like a good idea

• Every candy idea is a good idea :D

• Sounds like Diabeetus' to me.

• That is a terrible idea. Who pays $100 for a candy bar and some chocolates!. Don't get me wrong I will pay top dollar for Belgian cocao and mexican as well but, I am sorry if even the people on kickstarter barely fund this I cannot take it seriously.

• I put it up yesterday... And they candy would be made from Belgian chocolate, all natural ingredients, and taste as good as places that sell truffles for $4 a peace and less then one forth the price. I am all about making people happy and helping people. Professional candy is so over priced. I want to share a better cheaper way to put a smile on your lived ones faces.

• I don't expect people to pay that 😱 I really didn't expect to get as much attention has it has. I've had a few people on there message me about it. I was doing it mostly because a friend thought I should.

• Lol look this could be an awesome business or it could not. Focus on the brochures a lot. You can always have sales if you market correctly but if this is just a side gig than maybe better to hang tight on this.

• The video is bored. When it comes to advertisement or either you get some good actors or work on some special effects to attract customers, or both. In the video there should also be like a phrase that sells an idea not just a product.

*Business sells an idea not products.

Brother: at your side
    McDonald's: I'm loving it
    Coca Cola: open happiness
    Walmart: save money. Live better

• Capitalism will kill it, it will be to high a price to order and un original idea, there are hundreds of custom candy companys out there that already exists and have lower costs

• pretty cool how you can make anything, but they probably can't make everything

• It's a good idea. No comes the execution.

• It looks cool and if they had a shop not far from me than I would definitely go there.

• Cloud 9 is an esports team :)

• Not a bad idea but not interested.