Are humans actually more cruel than animals?

Off course not all of us but some individuals that get charged with cruelty to animals or others. For instance beating a dog with a stick, hitting a hit all the way to something horrific such as setting a living thing or being on fire (obviously that so called ''person'' has no name).

Sometimes it makes me ashamed that my own kind can be capable of doing that, torturing with no guilt at all. I felt guilty even when I accidentally stepped on a small frog while I was distracted doing errands.

Most Helpful Guy

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnVuqfXohxc

Animals are awesome.

I saw two different stories of some psychos that both killed a dog with a blowtorch. Animals can't even conceive the idea of such evil.

• I hope those two scumbags of the earth get locked up for good and have the keys thrown away. They don't deserve to be in society. I wouldn't want them near my family.

What Guys Said 9

• I see a lot of "of course humans are more cruel" answers on here, but I'm not so sure.

Some animals are known to kill without provocation and for no apparent reason. Orcas kill animals they don't eat, and do so in a way that terrorizes the victim. Many animals seem to breed ONLY through rape. Orangutans have been known to be very nasty to one another, in particular their babies. So have chimps.

The thing is, our ability to make weapons is better than any other animal. Pound for pound, we are FAR more dangerous than even a T-rex. A single, 150 pound human armed with a machine gun, can take down a whole herd of elephants, each weighing several tons. 11 men, armed only with single bomb, reduced thousands at Hiroshima to shadows on a wall. And generally, until recently, virtually ALL weapons that humans made were lethal.

Most animal weapons aren't lethal, and when they are, the animals must expose itself to great risk in using them. Lions get killed on occasion by their intended prey. When humans are disarmed, we're one of the LEAST lethal animals around.

• Humans are the cruelest of all animals by far.

• I assume so. We're even cruel to each other.

• Yes, but humans are also capable of greater kindness.

• Why are you even making the comparison? We're not the same as animals anymore and haven't been for thousands of years, of course we're "crueller" than animals, but animals don't even have a sense of cruelty to begin with.

• Every time I heard about horrific crimes done to others or animal cruel, it really shocks me in disbelieve on how cruel can our species be.

• @Asker

But you're not getting my point, we're "cruel" to animals sure, but animals aren't "us", they don't have a concept of "cruelty."

Like, I've seen a vid of a lioness ripping off a male buffalo's testicles and eating them, but that isn't "cruelty", cause... They're fucking animals, why would you apply the same standards to them that you would to us, and vice versa?

• All animals act with the impulse of survival and compassion. They feel for their family and only hurt or kill to survive. If they could choose otherwise, they would do so. Man is definitely a cruelty to the Earth. We just have to make the best of it.

• I understand when it comes to self-defense and yes if someone was trying to kill or hurt my family members, off course I'm defending myself. I'm referring when a person is cruel to animals or others for absolutely no reason and does it for thrill... there is something seriously disturbing about such so called ''person''.

• Yeah, people have the ability to be cruel, while animals r too busy. We sometimes do it cuz lots of us are messed up.

• that's exactly the reason they seriously need to be locked up and have the keys thrown away. They don't deserve to be in society.

• Try to never generalize. There are all kinds of humans out there. From the really cruel to the really innocent kind ones. It's the same with animals. Experiments have shown that even animals of the same species do have different behaviors.

• humans are a cancer on this world, and we will be the cause of our own extinction. Seriously, im at uni studying ecology and wildlife conservation and it really makes me sad at just how greedy and ruthless we can be at times.

• Some animals breed using rape, some animals kill for fun, some animals are just normal. So humans are basically a mix of everything. We aren't the worst.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't see how this is even a question. OF COURSE humans are more cruel than animals. Animals aren't cruel. There's nothing cruel about animals. Humans on the other hand... they're pretty much monsters. That's why I very much prefer animals to people. I fucking hate humans and all the shit they do to animals. 😠

• in many ways, of course.

animals will mostly be cruel to you only in self defence or detecting some kind of harm. it's not common for an animal to just be born with a vicious nature.

• Animals aren't cruel. They are fighting for survival. It's part of their functioning and instinct.

Humans have free will. We have a lot more brain power and intelligence. So basically there aren't excuses. Humans are far more messed up.

• Animals are not capable of being cruel. Humans are intelligent and therefore they can be. We are smart enough to know how to hurt someone else on purpose.

• That's sad. It's something I wouldn't be capable of doing and if I did, I would imagine having restless nights about it. How someone can just do that and have no feelings at the moment is beyond my understanding.

• I know. But we are also capable of kindness and compassion. Animals are not. They just follow their instinct. Just imagine a lamb looking for mercy from a wolf because it has children. Do you think the wolf would spare him? From great power comes great responsability, they say. We've been gifted with our intelligence, we just have to decide whether use it for the good or evil.

• I believe so

• Of course we're more cruel. Animals usually (cats are weird) only kill when they're hungry or need to protect their babies, and even if they're threatend, they just prefer the other animal to run than really fight.