Why does everyone hate Muslims?

Forget about extremists they are not Muslims, the word Islam comes from peace and i lived with Muslims for 5 years and they are the best people, they taught me a lot about Islam and told me that extremists and suicidal bombers are not Muslims and don't represent Islam no matter what they say. I encourage everyone to read about real Islam and Muslims and stop judging them from what you see in the news

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think it’s necessarily that people genuinely hate Muslims, but that either….

1. The media has influenced them to think negatively about them.
    2. They are annoyed by pushy Muslims who cannot handle someone confidently, boldly disagreeing with Islam therefore attempt to arrogantly shove their views down their throat.
    3. They find aspects of Islam to be intrusive and outrageous.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no such thing as peaceful muslims and extremist muslims. All muslims are extremists towards anything non islamic once they have grown in numbers. And I don't need to see anything in the news (I don't watch any TV at all). I see on the streets of London and other cities I've been how they force Sharia law even though they are not in muslim countries and how they create No go areas for non muslims. Men have been beaten because they 'dared' to walk through these areas while drinking or wearing shorts. Girls have been raped because they were walking with no burka or husband to accompany them. So preach your islamic propaganda somewhere else. As long as this religion exists, there will be no peace on this planet.

• You sound like a ass, don't judge everyone from what you see in London go to a Islamic country and then we will talk and sharia law. LOL

What Girls Said 12

• People fear and hate what they do not understand. Media scare tactics are doing nothing to help the situation. Sensationalism sells and we as a society are suckers for it.

• You can't say forget about the extremist if you want your questions answered, because they are why people are concerned about islam

And also for muslims in the west, a lot of people feel they make no effort, fitting in. quite the opposite instead, they try to change our legal system and values

• Personally I've never felt hated or unaccepted because of my religion. I feel sorry for those who do though. But keep in mind that it happens with every religion, not only Islam.

• It happens with every religion, not only Islam. That being said, I don't hate Muslims, I have no reason to. If I were to judge someone, it's based on their personality, not religion or race.

• I don't hate Muslims, I don't have any reason to. They're people too.

• You know what, i will do what Islam taught me which is to be kind to people no matter how they treat you, so thanks for your opinion

• Thank you.. good to see sensible people like you.. 😊😊😊

• Are you Muslim?

• Then you understand what I'm talking about, i just hate when people judge all Muslims on the actions of a few misled ones

• I know right.. !! It is so wrong..

• because there is a nation wide belief that muslim religion states 'if they are not muslim, they need to die' or something like that. everyone also thinks that since the people behind 9/11 were muslim, they are all bad. personally, as a Christian, i have no reason to hate them, i have met a few in NYC before, and i think they are nice people.

• Media sensationalism, especially since 9/11 occurred.

• Omg I love you very much for saying this, thank you sister, is true real Muslims aren't terrorist

• I'm not a girl, and would you mind explaining to everyone why they are giving out false judgements about Muslims

• Oh sorry for thinking you are a girl, but I think people are very judgmental about Muslims because, they actually don't know Islam very well and only judge Muslims based on what they see and hear from the media

• So, people who think otherwise are brainwashed by media? We know Islam well, I live in an Islamic country, we were taught the Quran in school. You have on Khotbat el jom3a (Friday sermons) have shiekhs saying the most offensive things against us out loud on microphones, but we can't do anything. We are always called koufara in our own country. These are sheikhs that say these things and teach these things from their Quran to Muslims.

• True that.

• I get tired of everyone running to "hate". I dont think anyone can deny how the treat woman is absolutely terrible. It might only be a small percentage of muslims that are terrorists but almost all the terrorist are muslims.

• Please read the Quran and the Hadiths in Arabic if you can. I am Egyptian, we arabs are nice people, and not all muslims are extremists, nor are they bad, but many don't really follow what is written. Please don't fall into the sweet talk of Muslims about their deen.

• Yeah that is why tourist women are being advised to not go out for a walk alone in Egypt because it is most likely they will get robbed and raped. This is how peaceful you are.

• Everywhere you say? I travel a lot. I have been in dozens of countries (muslim countries included). These things never happened to free european countries until muslim began invading us, creating no go areas for non muslims and forcing sharia law to our people.

• Why don't you tell that to the Muslims. We Copts are already struggling in our own country.

What Guys Said 20

• I dislike anyone who claims to have all the answers. Islam, just like any other religion, doesn't accept criticism. It is against the idea of changing any of its content. How can you have a productive and intellectual dialog with someone who claims perfection. The prophet was the best dude ever, the words of Koran are always right even if they are wrong, and any negative action that comes out of Islam is not the "real" Islam, whatever that means.

The whole idea of religions focuses on some afterlife concept. This makes believers not value life itself as much as humans should. Religions are an attempt to provide answers for existential questions and comfort for the weak. They refuse to accept the reality of life and how chaotic and random it is. Not to mention how much religions, Islam in particular, devalue arts and sciences. They claim that all of human achievements are worthless and were pre-planned by some higher entity.

I truly doubt any religious person will be able to grasp what I have written since they are content with whatever misinformation their 'holy' books tell them. In your head, we are all sinners and lost and you are the one who has got it figured out. Imagine you were born in China in a Buddhist family.. You would have laughed at Islamic beliefs and the ideas it promotes and claimed that Buddhism is the true religion and what have you.

I don't hate people for what they think and believe, as I am clueless about everything myself. If you find comfort in knowing there is someone watching over you and running your life, good for you, but don't express those thoughts with certainty and don't expect others to follow your HYPOTHESIS. Every Muslim is working to get to heaven, right? Okay what is so special about heaven that doesn't exist in this life already? Nothing.

We are all humans and we are all as lost and curious about life and its meaning, but that doesn't mean we must settle on the first explanation someone proposes. Let me illustrate with the following:
    A: Where did we come from?
    B: From God.
    A: Where did God come from?
    B: That's beyond our minds and perception.
    A: Then, why didn't you just answer the first question with "that's beyond our minds and perception." isn't that the same thing? Why the God addition?

A: What happens after life?
    B: We go to hell or heaven.
    A: What happens after hell and heaven.
    B: They go on for eternity. They are forever and ever.
    A: Why didn't you just say that life goes for eternity instead?

• ''Islam comes from peace''.

Yup.

Thats why they massacre innocent, unarmed civilians.

It dosent matter if only 1% of muslims are radical, Fuck, It dosent matter it that number is 0.5%, Simple fact is, They are doing it in the name of Islam.

• What do you, your 16 years old have you ever been to a Muslim or arabic country, so please let your enlightening wisdom to your self

• Why do so many people always instinctively bash Christians whenever someone states negative feelings towards Islam and/or Muslims? @Asker You do realize that Christians and Muslims aren’t the only two religious groups on this planet? It is actually possible for non-Christians to feel negatively towards Islam ya know.

• Asker, I never said Christians were angels and haven't done anything wrong? Does the KKK come to mind?

Why do you assume im Christian just because im not Muslim? I think all religions are fucking stupid.

• Before answering your question, I would like you to realize 2 important things:

1. Not everyone hates Islam, I'm aware that there is a lot of hate and misunderstanding about our religion in the western world, but I'm beyond sure that the people who have a neutral to positive view about Islam are more than those who have a negative one. So as much as we Muslims don't like people to think that we are all terrorists, we also shouldn't think or assume that all western people hate Islam or think that all Muslims are terrorists.

2. We Muslims shouldn't care about the hate towards our religion regardless of how big or small this hate is, because quite honestly, this hate won't affect Islam whatsoever, Islam will always prevail no matter what, in fact, Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth even in those countries where Islam and Muslims are bing misrepresented and demonized by the media, so as you can see, no matter who hard they try to destroy the image of Islam, everything they do is worthless because still millions of people are converting to Islam every year, so no worries about Islam because it will always prevail.

Now coming to your question, there are two groups of people who hate Islam and/or Muslims ( which again, those people are not the majority of the western world):

1. People who are unintentionally ignorant, and those are the brainwashed ones who don't know anything about Islam and have never met any Muslim person in their life, and they just go by what they see on the media, and honestly we can't blame them here because the media has its own malicious ways to fool and brainwashed this group, however once these people meet Muslims and once they are shown the real Islam from the right sources, they will change their false view.

2. People who are intentionally ignorant, and there's no hope for those, they may or may not know about Islam but they don't care about the truth either way, because they just want to hate and stereotype, and that's it, it's their hobby to hate and to be ignorant, reasons might be:
    - bigotry.
    - being biased towards their religion or lack of religion.
    - being hatful for no reason, so they hate anyone who is not them just for the heck of it.

• Media plays a big part in portraying the Muslims as extremists.

They never show you the normal Muslims and how they live their lives, because that's boring and not worth reporting about. Whenever the news gets out, it has to be extra crispy and to get everyones attention and what better to show than all those bombings and suicides, Al-Qaida and all that.

If you buy into everything that the media tells you, the chances are you are being manipulated without you being aware of it.

It's better to form an opinion based on your personal research and experiences rather than believing at someone blindly.

I think most people are aware of how Muslims are in general, those who don't have enough information or have half baked information are usually the ones who cause problems with others.

• Because they support male genital mutilation, think music is the voice of the devil, claim that art and drawing is idol worship and thus is a "sin" too, they make women wear niqabs, and stone people to death for whatever they don't like them doing.

If you ask me, Islam is taken so seriously by its followers that regardless of whether they indulge in terrorist acts or not, making your entire life revolve around the Quran makes you an extremist of your religion. People just take it too seriously - which is why some leaders with charisma can so easily turn it onto an agenda of war. We would be better off if people tried to find thenselves an identity that does not rely on religions and other ancient cultural beliefs. That is my personal opinion, anyways.

• I agree with you: a very, very small group of people abuse your religion to promoto violence.
    Here in Belgium as well, 98% of the muslim community is entirely against these extremists and promotes Islam as a peaceful religion :-)
    The problem is, these peaceful muslims are just quitely there whereas those 2% jump out and people see them erroneously as the ambassadors of a religion.
    I'm fairly certain that in the Middle Ages, when there were many religious wars, christians were seen as problematic religion too.
    Whereas the same will have been true: 98% would not have made war to spread their religion...

• The church told people to hate them some 1300 years ago because they're heretics who don't believe in the Trinity. (and we had conflicting commercial interests: back then about silk and spice trade, now about oil)

We got used to hate them, it was the right thing to do for god fearing people.
    Now it's standard behavior.

• Those who suffer most from terror attacks are other Muslims: they get attacked as well by terrorists as by Western countries.

• They don't. Stop whining.

Muslim terrorists are Muslims, yes. The first step to better relations between Muslims and non-Muslims is for Muslims actually to recognize that fact, instead of throwing this continuous pity party.

• Well said judge the majority not the small minority

• I don't hate them, but I am hesitant about them and until the war is over I don't think that feeling will go away, it's not their faults though.

• Why do people keep asking this question so they can get pity?
    Oh wait, just answered my own question.

• I asked this so people like you could stop thinking like this

• Well some of it's teaching seem so moronic that it can be easily used by fanatics for their own benefit. Plus they out too much emphasis on religion, and I think all religions are quite moronic to some extent, but Islam is more so. So indirectly Islam is supporting fanaticism.

• I don't hate them but I can say the ones I've met are assholes and are greedy

• Don't hate Muslims. I've met plenty of friendly ones. I think religion in general has good sides and bad sides. It depends a lot on how you interpret it.

• Because they are heathens

• I really don't know why they get to be hated so much but I luv their rods I am in luv with their D!(k$

• Because of goddamn media and because of some muslims that understand islam wrong. like jihad is not killing people. thre was no killing in islam. Real islam is religion of peace. ─░slam is the best religion in the world.

• Thank you so much man, i really appreciate how you defend plus you know what you're talking about since you lived amongst muslims. It's really nice to see non muslim people understand that we're not all terrorists. Seriously THANK YOU

• Not everyone hates Muslims. Your title is all wrong in the first place.

• I mean that a lot of people have false opinions on them

• People are easily tricked by the media and governments!

Also many people are just stupid!