Girls, what's the cause and how do I treat my unusual breakout?

I am currently going through an acne breakout. A bad one. I honestly am not used to getting acne but I had a smaller breakout earlier this month, I don't know if that has anything to do with this one. I honestly haven't really changed any of my products and I wear my hair back almost everyday. The only thing I've been doing differently since this breakout began is I've started excersizing more and yes I eat alright but I've started being super aware of what I'm eating.

My question is what's the cause of this breakout so I can prevent it in the future and how do I treak this breakout quickly and effectivly?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I also get those breakouts. Its totally normal, you're 14! The main reason is really hormones. What happens is glands in your skin become overactive then they form into an oily substance to try to prevent your skin from being dry, and they seep into your pores and blocks the follicle! (I'm not that smart about the scientific facts, I googled that bahaha :P )
    Anyways! For the part I actually know about- i'll list you some of my best working diy masks.
    #1: 2 spoonfuls of turmeric powder, 1 spoonful of brown rice flower or chickpea flower, 2 spoonfuls of yogurt, half a spoonful of honey!
    #2: 2 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of coffee grinds, 1 tbsp of organic plain yogurt.
    I'm too lazy to explain these ones but here are 3 other ones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7jOOSVfZw
    Also! Neutragina naturals exfoliating scrub (once a week) is good! So is a daily clarisonic (better at night) but they cost $100, yikes!!! so better stick to cheaper things haha
    So you should wash your face EVERY night with soap and water and do 2 facials and 1 exfoliating mask every week and every night use a non-oil moisturizer, or even 1 facial 1 exfoliator every week. Good luck! :-)

• Sorry! For the second mask, instead of 2 tbsp of coffee grinds, its 1 tbsp of coffee grinds and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder! My bad (:

What Girls Said 7

• Depending on where the breakouts are occurring (jaw, chin, cheeks, forehead, nose, etc.) there are different reasons. Some are hormonal, others are diet related, and some can simply be as stress. Judging by your age, your breakouts are most likely hormonal. If you want to prevent it, the only thing I can suggest is drinking a lot of water, don't touch your face with your hands, and make sure you are moisturizing and exfoliating with a gentle exfoliate daily to get any dead skin off... if you want to see a Dermatologist, that is great too. They can give you special topical to put on your face when breakouts do occur. I recommend LUSH skin products to maintain your skin. LUSH saved my skin... my face has never been so clear. Also, if you run into any breakouts on your back or chest, a good home-remedy would be one or two drops of tea-tree oil diluted in water in a spray bottle to spray on your back and chest. NOT on your face though... never on the face.

• Always make sure you are washing your face after you work out and wash your pillow cases once a week (or you can flip them over and get two weeks out of them). It could possibly be because of hormones or your period as well. I got really bad forehead acne when I was 14 and I do admit I wasn't the best at making sure I washed my face at least once a day. Also use a facial toner/astringent and moisturize your skin!

• it's more than likely hormones. Hormonal breakouts are a pain the behind but there is not much you can do about it. I went through a bad hormonal breakout when I was 18. Since I was 18 anyways I went on birth control and that really helped clear it all up but otherwise the dermatologist I saw said there's not much you can do other than wait it out when its hormones (other than taking BC or something like Acutane)

If its not hormonal and is just related to exercising, just make sure you wash your face after you workout and before bed of course.

• The cause would be growing up.

Preventing it is not wearing makeup
    Washing your face regularly
    If your exercising and you get sweaty rinse the sweat off

But most of the time at your age it's just natural it's something some people are more prone to than others.

If it's constant and it affects your daily life like it gets painful then maybe it's time to see a doctor for alternative options.

But first try over the counter options such as acne face wash/cream.

Oh and don't pick your face it will make it worse.

• At your age I would imagine it's more to do with your hormones than anything else. Are you close to your period? This usually causes break outs.

• Exfoliate your face.
    Wash your face with something that has Aloe Vera in it.
    Then pat dry.
    Apply a lotion that hydrates the skin, no fragrances (that will break you out more) use a lotion and wash that is film free so that your pores don't clog up.
    ***At night, apply a serum to the face that helps with breakouts, then apply the lotion.
    Due this for three months straight 7 days a week.
    You'll be fine.

• If you have been exercising more then your sweat glands are working a lot and causing that breakout.