Are you scared of sharks?

Title stays it all, are you scared of sharks, specifically the Great White that Hollywood makes out to be a mindless man-eater when in actuality they're actually peaceful creatures and you're more likely to die in a second 9/11 then by the teeth of those predators.

Personally, I'm not scared of any type of shark (But that doesn't mean I'll swim with one or some crazy shit like that).

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be scared of them if I was in the water with them, because they could mistake me for something they usually eat, or I could startle them and they'd attack me out of self-defence. But I'm not scared of them to the point I'm constantly worried about going in the water - kinda like how I'd be scared of a lion if I was face to face with one, but I'm not scared of that right now.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I am scared because they can kill me!!! But then again, humans are crazy as hell... So I'm scared of them to ;) lol

• I saw a reef shark when I was snorkelling in Maldives!! Those are harmless do I wasn't scared but the experience was priceless!!

• Yeah I am I'm actually kind of scared of being in any type of water f the unknown.. Even fishes lol but seriously no thank you.

• No, I'm not!
    Just look at this beauty! <3
    cdn-img.fimfiction.net/.../ja7m-1432598746-238912-full</a>

• Hell yeah. Those teeth.

• Yes I'm definitely scared of sharks

What Guys Said 9

• I know that the chances of getting bitten by a shark are very low, and to be eaten is practically impossible, but still, I'll be scared to be swimming in the ocean and see a shark swimming around me.
    They say most of the attacks happen if the shark is hungry, and I don't know if the shark is hungry or not, so I'd rather get out of the water than stay there.

• Obviously - they're very dangerous.
    And that statistic (assuming you didn't just make it up) is completely retarded. Sure, if you don't go in the water, you're pretty safe (sharknadoes aside) - but if you're a keen surfer / diver in an area where great whites are common, they are definitely a real danger. The guy who was killed by a shark yesterday was not just an isolated case (even if fatalities are rare, shark bites are still pretty serious).

• Yeah I'm scared of them 'cause they're frickin' huge and have rows of sharp teeth and a massively powerful bite.

But they're marine animals, I'm not, so it's not like I'm in favor of hunting them down. I don't get the people who want to do that. Sure, you may want to enjoy the sea, but they LIVE there. You're a land-dwelling creature so when you go surfing or swimming, you're on their turf. Respect that.

• Nahh, i'm not scared of any sharks either. i just hell scared of death.

• If I saw any type of shark while swimming in the water, I would be very fucking scared. Yes.
    I don't know how you can claim to not be afraid of sharks yet you admit that you wouldn't swim with one or some crazy shit like that.

• Well, I wouldn't want to be in open water with one. But I certainly wouldn't jump if I saw one in the water if I were standing on lane/boat.
    Spiders on the other hand :'(

• I'm not cuz I stay out of the ocean even though I live 15 minutes from the pacific.

• well YEA! have you heard of sharknado? not even safe on land any more!

• I'm more scared at the fact they made 2 sequels to that movie lmao

• lol for real

• Met several on scuba dives. The most dangerous was a bull shark, about a ten footer. I don't recall being afraid and my air wasn't exhausted any quicker than usual but I did hide down in the coral for about ten minutes, until I was sure he was gone.

• Yeah the Bull Shark is the most aggressive